Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Class V vs Y for Economy Delight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Fare Class V vs Y for Economy Delight

My recent flight in Economy Delight was credited under Y but I thought V, S and W are the fare class for Economy Delight? The booking was done through Delta so Delta assigned me to S class on my ticket but somehow Virgin has coded that as Y. On the website for DL marketed/VS operated Y comes under Economy Classic. Any thoughts?

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/partner-hub/policies/class-mapping.html
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
The bottom line is either they posted 150% miles flown (Economy Delight), or not. If not looks like a possible glitch and it'll need a manual claim to sort any shortfall.

I had something similar the other way round last month. Virgin marketed Economy Delight. The internal USA connecting flight on Delta didn't post at all. Simply wrote in on the missing miles link in Flying Club and was sorted fairly quickly. Got the 150% miles and my tier bonus. I waited three weeks until I claimed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.