Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS LAX and Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

VS LAX and Delta Sky Club

VS leaves from Bradley terminal; they offer usage of the Delta Sky Club in T3, but there's no access without going through TSA. Will TSA allow me to enter T3 with a ticket for a flight out of Bradley?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:32 pm

Virgin currently use the star alliance lounge at LAX.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much uktank. Their website still isn't updated to reflect Star Alliance, BUT further research indicates that they started using the lounge last December. https://ala.aero/2021/12/virgin-atla...terminal-tbit/
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: Flying Club
Originally Posted by bruce3404
Thank you very much uktank. Their website still isn't updated to reflect Star Alliance, BUT further research indicates that they started using the lounge last December. https://ala.aero/2021/12/virgin-atla...terminal-tbit/
Hopefully they have improved the Terminal signage so you know how to get there. Took me 30 mins to find the lounge last time.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / SkyTeam Elite Plus
Hi all, flying LAX-LHR tomorrow in Economy, as an Air France Platinum member (ticket booked on AF). I had access to the Clubhouse on my inbound flight, does anyone know whether Virgin still uses the Star Alliance lounge at LAX? And whether I'll have access? Thank you!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
As of end October 2022, the LAX situation was as follows, for Virgin:
Virgin flights still arrive/depart out of Bradley.
It is possible to transfer t3 to Bradley on an airside connector bus (similar to the ones which used to go T2 to Bradley and back).
The old T2 access is now closed and the new T3 security and Delta lounges are open. It looks like an airside walkway t3 to Bradley will not open until "Summer" 2023, still looks like a lot of work to do.
The old T2 Delta lounge is still open.
T3 is a bit of a building site with new concessions nearing opening dates. T2 & T3 are linked by a wide and naturally lit walkway.

All told, travelling LAX to LHR I'd use the Star Alliance lounge in Bradley.

Virgin Flying Club gold have access to the Star Alliance lounge (assuming a Virgin / Delta transatlantic); I'd assume whatever arrangements for top tier AF flyers on Skyteam would apply for Flying Blue Platinums - but quite a niche case.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by littlefish
As of end October 2022, the LAX situation was as follows, for Virgin:
Virgin flights still arrive/depart out of Bradley.
It is possible to transfer t3 to Bradley on an airside connector bus (similar to the ones which used to go T2 to Bradley and back).
The old T2 access is now closed and the new T3 security and Delta lounges are open. It looks like an airside walkway t3 to Bradley will not open until "Summer" 2023, still looks like a lot of work to do.
The old T2 Delta lounge is still open.
T3 is a bit of a building site with new concessions nearing opening dates. T2 & T3 are linked by a wide and naturally lit walkway.

All told, travelling LAX to LHR I'd use the Star Alliance lounge in Bradley.

Virgin Flying Club gold have access to the Star Alliance lounge (assuming a Virgin / Delta transatlantic); I'd assume whatever arrangements for top tier AF flyers on Skyteam would apply for Flying Blue Platinums - but quite a niche case.
Thank you for the detailed reply
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:15 am

Here to report back on my experience as an Air France Platinum member. At check-in I was told the Star Alliance inside Tom Bradley International Terminal was only available for passengers flying in Upper Class. I was initially told that I would have no lounge access at all--when I asked how that was possible, they did some research and told me I could use the Delta Sky Club in Terminal 3.

The easiest option was to walk back outside, enter Terminal 3, go through TSA there (it was practically empty at around 7pm), head to the lounge, then take an airside bus transfer to the international terminal at boarding time.

And the new Sky Club is pretty awesome! Hope all of you get to check it out at some point.
littlefish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.