Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chances of Vegas holiday being cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Chances of Vegas holiday being cancelled?

Hi all

Due to Go to Vegas end of July from Heathrow... obviously I am worried with the amount of flights being cancelled because of capacity restrictions.

I know there is no guarantees of any flight not being cancelled but I noticed today that's they have cancelled a one a day flight to Austin... what are the chance of a one a day Vegas flight being cancelled... when I last checked our flight was about only 70% full and i assume they are now not allowed to sell anymore tickets..

Thank you for any help
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
If I was a betting man I would say you will be fine - if you look at the VS website, there are some cancellations but they
are minimal at the moment - they post the latest updates here - https://help.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/news.html

They also undertake to minimise disruption and try to rebook on the same day - with the usual caveat that this may not always be possible.

Cancelling last minute will be very expensive for them, so I’m sure they will try and keep them to a minimum - but I have no inside knowledge

Nick
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The Austin flight is relativly new and so may have had a light load. Also passengers may be more easily rebooked onto other services

LAS is a popular holidaymaker route with a likely heavy load and likely less reroute options. 70% is a heavy load If getting that 70% all you did was look at the seat map then that's not a reliable measure as not every passenger selects seats in advance
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:50 pm

I doubt SFO or LAX will cancel.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by danielonn
I doubt SFO or LAX will cancel.
LHRSFO on 31JUL canceled so … there goes your doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.