Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-SFO flight delayed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
LHR-SFO flight delayed

We boarded nearly an hour after scheduled departure, after which the flight left the gate nearly two hours later and took off three hours and two minutes after scheduled departure. Would you know if I might qualify for compensation?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vanillabean
We boarded nearly an hour after scheduled departure, after which the flight left the gate nearly two hours later and took off three hours and two minutes after scheduled departure. Would you know if I might qualify for compensation?
1. The length of delay on arrival is relevant, not length of delay on departure. If you make up time in the air and land 2.5 hours late, no compensation I'm afraid.
2. Do you know the reason for delay?
​​​​​
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
1. The length of delay on arrival is relevant, not length of delay on departure. If you make up time in the air and land 2.5 hours late, no compensation I'm afraid.
2. Do you know the reason for delay?
​​​​​
15:35 vs 17:32, so less than 2.5 hours. The pilot announcements were rather vague, a mixture of supposedly waiting for passengers, luggage being loaded etc.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No compensation due.

On oa fligth of that distance it needs to be 3 hours to get 50% of the compensation and over 4 hours for the full amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.