Wiki Posts
Search

Missing tier points from US credit card spend

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, VS Gold
Missing tier points from US credit card spend

My April spending of more than $5K on the Bank of America World Elite MasterCard should have generated 50 tier points, as usual. The regular points-per-dollar posted normally, but no tier points were issued. I have followed up with Flying Club, who have said they can't see my credit card spend and therefore to contact B of A. Meanwhile, B of A (credit card servicer) says they know nothing about tier points and that all rewards questions have to go through VS.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to get this resolved.

Thanks!
Kalki and K L Vinci like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Gold, British Air
I am having the exact same problem and have gone back to Virgin after taking to BofA and was told "Great, thank you for that. I have now emailed the department directly for them to investigate this further. This can take up to 7 working days"
This was on April 26th, 14 days ago. My May 10th credit card statement has now posted, flyer points posted on my account but no Tier points. Again. My spend was over 10k. Sorta counting on this 50 points per month to help keep me in Gold... I have opened yet another Twitter DM conversation this morning but after taking my details I've been left sitting at the "No problem, a member of the team will be with you shortly to help!" point... going on 4 hours waiting....
Tried phoning but got fed up after waiting 3 hours...
Old May 10, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: VS Silver, SQ Elite Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, AS MVP Gold 75k
You both are lucky. I have had two months with no credit card points showing, no tier points showing from credit card spend. A flight on AF hasnt posted miles, but has posted tier points. A reward flight hasnt posted tier points and I have spent over 6 hours on the phone. The first three hour call resulted in the loyalty team should have it fixed within a week. A month later I called again. 3 hours on hold. Got an agent explained the entire story, when she transferred me, and put me on hold. I got hung up on with no call back. Then twitter DM back and forth for days, with resolution "being handled" and yet no fixes.

I am beyond frustrated. Since November you cant track activity properly anymore on the virgin site and now regular updates that have worked for 10 plus years are failing. And call center is impossible.
K L Vinci likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:21 pm

I am also having this problem. I can not log in to Flying Club from my computer. There is another thread discussing this problem. I was able to log in on my ipad and my miles were posted but not the tier points. I don't have an extra day to try and call. Is it just me, or have things gone downhill? I have had nothing but headaches trying to see prices of flights on the website. And while I am on a roll here, any clue why flights from US west coast to Johannesburg are coming in at 8 - 10 thousand dollars for Upper Class. Air France, KLM, etc. are showing 3k to 6k. I LOVE Virgin but I don't think I can spend ten grand on a flight.
K L Vinci likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Me too! No tier points for 2 months now - i'm owed 100 points. I called and was told they knew it was a problem for everyone - I was on hold for 1hr 30 mins.
I then received an email advising me to contact the credit card provider - Virgin Money even though i had told them its a US Based BOA Worl Elite Mastercard.
I contacted the bank - they cant do anything - they just send the spend over. I guess we will all have to wait and see - i have sent them an email back and had no response.
Im trying to get to gold and started last year - i lost like 80 points when they flipped me to silver as they lowered the threshold to 300 but reset my account - Today when i log in i have Silver member
4850 Tier Points - wow - that many points puts me to gold for 5 years think they are having problems with their system
K L Vinci likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:26 pm

Just checked again after reading that techno_nerd got 4850 tier points and huzzah I have 1250 now! Not as good as 4850...but Yeah something's wrong but I think I'll take a screen shot, then complain when it goes back down :-)
Old May 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Aaaanndd my tier points have been zeroed out..... What the hell is up with these guys?
Old May 18, 2022, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, VS Gold
Phantom points gone, missing points for April are still missing

Seems like a big mess ...
Old May 23, 2022, 9:44 am

Anyone have the customer service number for Gold? I think its staffed better so may get through quicker if memory serves. I'm back down to silver and cant find it ...
I have had zero response from email - i must have emailed them 5 times ... and yes, points back down to where they were before .. what a mess.
NYAusTx likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:54 am

If you are in the US the customer service number for Gold is now the same customer service number for all Flying Club members:
"We just wanted to remind you that as a valued Flying Club Gold member, you have a dedicated phone number you can contact us on. So, if you need help with anything at all, just call +1 800 862 8621."
All Flying Club:
"Customer Centre:+1 800 862 8621Reservations, Customer Service and Flying Club

Opening hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

No more dedicated line I guess :-(
Old May 24, 2022, 10:43 am

Thanks - well that sucks!
Old May 28, 2022, 3:55 pm

Virgin Atlantic Tier / Points issues - continue!

Originally Posted by techno_nerd
Thanks - well that sucks!
Something went very wrong with Virgin Atlantic's technology last year.
Since there, every single flight - tier goes missing and does not get credited. This includes from Bank of America spend (whom apparently are aware of the issue and it's still continuing).
It seemed to start when Virgin Atlantic started to give tier points for reward flights. Whomever is in their IT team leading that project has totally bungled it I suspect.

Constantly, my tier points one day show 2000 Tier (after they try to fix the missing tier) then it goes back down to 100 Tier a few days later (mine should be around 800 Tier).
I got under credited on my last 7 flights and simply trying to get it fixed each time is incredibly time consuming - the last one took over 12 attempts via Twitter and each time they say we will fix and Flying Club will update within the week - 3 weeks later not fixed and the process starts again.

My last Twitter request for the missing Tier was Thursday - and as of today I am still waiting for a team member to be with me shortly.

Whatever is going on I am surprised there isn't more coverage on the big blogs/travel etc. Virgin Atlantic have a fundamental problem with Flying Club still and there seems to be next to zero communication over when they will resolve it.

I am Gold, and honestly am at the stage of thinking it's not worth using Virgin it takes too much effort and I'll just swing onto Delta and use their points/miles.
K L Vinci likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:50 am

I checked the Virgin app after flying this past week (Delta flights booked with flying club #) and the tier points are there. I also see my tier points from CC spend last month. Checked the website and see the same so maybe it's been fixed?
However, I'm showing as gold (which is correct) with 1165 tier points. According to correspondence from Virgin everything was supposed to have reset in April back to 0 (so no more rollover like what has been happening for the past 2 years). No way have I earned 1165 TP in one month.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:14 am

Just checked and I received the tier points for the flight I took last week but still nothing for my credit card spends In April and May. I was in a Flying Club lounge and grabbed a business card that shows a different phone number for Flying Club Gold Members and will give that a try when I get back to the states in a couple weeks (US number and I am NOT spending hours on the phone while on vacation :-) 1-800-365-9500. There's also an email address I might try. [email protected]. If anyone else has luck with those let us know.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, SQ PPS, UA 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I just sent an email to [email protected]. Will let you know if I get any response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.