Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:50 pm
AL
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, BA Gold, United Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Gold Elite
Thank You vouchers

Since we have some VAA lurkers in here, I figured I’d start a thread about something I’d love to see introduced for FC Golds. Who knows? Maybe it’ll catch the right eyes.

A number of airlines have recognition tokens, given to staff (be that crew, ground staff, gate agents, ticketing — whoever, so long as they’re wearing company uniform or otherwise identifying as airline staff) to exchange for some form of reward.

AA, for example, have AAplause, and BA have something similar (I forget the name). Anecdotally, crew seem to enjoy receiving them when given them.

I try to make a regular habit of contacting customer services to say thanks for great service, but it is hard to tell what happens to that feedback - hopefully doesn’t end up ignored!

I am yet to find a crew that aren’t exemplary on board VS tin, but sometimes it is nice to say thank you even if great service is the norm. Could we have something similar to AApplause on VS?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ajlanghorn
Since we have some VAA lurkers in here, I figured I’d start a thread about something I’d love to see introduced for FC Golds. Who knows? Maybe it’ll catch the right eyes.

A number of airlines have recognition tokens, given to staff (be that crew, ground staff, gate agents, ticketing — whoever, so long as they’re wearing company uniform or otherwise identifying as airline staff) to exchange for some form of reward.

AA, for example, have AAplause, and BA have something similar (I forget the name). Anecdotally, crew seem to enjoy receiving them when given them.

I try to make a regular habit of contacting customer services to say thanks for great service, but it is hard to tell what happens to that feedback - hopefully doesn’t end up ignored!

I am yet to find a crew that aren’t exemplary on board VS tin, but sometimes it is nice to say thank you even if great service is the norm. Could we have something similar to AApplause on VS?
In my experience with Virgin over the years, there aren't enough tokens available ... since 95% of the Virgin people I've encountered are simply outstanding.
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:17 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Virgin Atlantic were well ahead of the curve on this - many years ago there was a mechanism where crew members could be nominated by passengers as 'Heroes', if the service provided was above and beyond the norm.
There were then Heroes events attended by crew where the awards were presented to those who received the most or best nominations.
If memory serves me correctly, as with many VS innovations and quirks, it fell victim to the beancounters, and was discontinued around 2010.
I agree that VS have some fantastic crew and in bygone days they were made to feel special by the airline if they went that extra mile - staff parties at SRB's house and other perks. Today - I'm not so sure that holds true.

Nick

PS I like your optimism that there are VS Lurkers, who take any notice of things that are discussed on this board, but we can live in hope ;-)
Britgirlnyc and AL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.