Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layovers changed from pre covid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Layovers changed from pre covid

For context I'm virgin crew, is it unreasonable to expect layovers to now be as long as they we're in 2019 pre covid? They we're "temporally" shortened during covid but now most the of the network is back up and flying, is it unreasonable to expect them to go back to pre covid length again?
RAPC likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:24 am

Hmm, that’s an interesting one. My perspective as a passenger is that I would rather have a well rested crew that maybe has used the layover to explore a city and relax and have fun, vs. someone that has just had an airport layover before working again and hasn’t fully recharged.
I guess economics will drive it , as VS look to minimize costs and increase operational efficiency. In any case, thank you for your service and it’s really the crew and ground and clubhouse staff that drive my loyalty to VS! I hope balance is restored for you and your colleagues.
Ms.O likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I don’t think it is unreasonable for them to go back to pre-covid times, however I wouldn’t say things we are anywhere close to normality yet. Yes, much of the network is back up, but there are still travel restrictions, country specific protocols, plus the fact that more time outside of controlled areas (such as at the airport or on a flight) does add risk. Risk, in layover locations, that will potentially have expensive consequences to Virgin.

I hope things will be improved for the crew soon, but I can understand why things haven’t gone back yet.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Hedgehog7
For context I'm virgin crew, is it unreasonable to expect layovers to now be as long as they we're in 2019 pre covid? They we're "temporally" shortened during covid but now most the of the network is back up and flying, is it unreasonable to expect them to go back to pre covid length again?

Seems like a reasonable expectation to me. I hope VS is working on making everything normal again. On my last two flight, sleep suits were only loaded in a single size: "L/XL" They were HUGE on me. Comically large and not particularly comfortable. I hope this is remedied soon and a selection of sleep suit sizes catered on every flight.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:15 am

We're flying LHR-JNB on VS449 in 10 days time. I can see from the timetables that our plane, after 31st Jan, will stay at JNB all day, returning in the evening like they used to do pre-covid. Up until 31st Jan the plane hangs around in JNB for just under 2 hours before returning to LHR - a daylight flight back. I guess that the change means that the crew, up until 31st Jan, had at least 24 hours layover, not sure about the layover after then. Will they just have 12 hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.