Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit card voucher - where do I find it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Thanks for the info, as I spent ages looking around my account to find the vouchers to no avail.
Am I right you have to phone VS up to book using the vouchers? I've a small stash of VS points but never used them for redemptions. I'm from the BA camp, so I'm use to the convenience of booking online
VS website is show 2 hour wait to get through
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Yes you need to call to use them. That call centre message has been there for a long time. If you call first thing in the morning, you can usually speak to someone within 10 minutes. Later in the day may lead to a longer wait though. Never had more than an hour even later in the day though.
johnny5a likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
We've got 3 being used on one booking for Easter. 3 passengers and 3 UC rewards priced as PE. It does help that the expiry dates were extended on the earliest voucher though.
I think there are even examples out there of using multiple vouchers per person on a single booking.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:33 pm

So, can I book a flight in economy, and upgrade to premium with a voucher? Or am I best to buy premium and upgrade to first with it? Do I need to buy a specific type of ticket?

I'm very confused as what the best way to use the voucher is (I have 2)

Also, are there different vouchers, depending on when you were rewarded them? I just know that I have 2 "reward vouchers" from my Virgin Credit Card. Thanks!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by magicmat
So, can I book a flight in economy, and upgrade to premium with a voucher? Or am I best to buy premium and upgrade to first with it? Do I need to buy a specific type of ticket?

I'm very confused as what the best way to use the voucher is (I have 2)

Also, are there different vouchers, depending on when you were rewarded them? I just know that I have 2 "reward vouchers" from my Virgin Credit Card. Thanks!
You can book any type of award ticket and upgrade, availability dependent in both cabins (or is the avail. in the Higher cabin only?). Re. upgrading a revenue ticket I’m not sure.

The best use for these is to use as a 2-4-1 or upgrading from Premium to Upper Class..

There are some rare reports of being able to use two vouchers in one booking, ie. 2-4-1 with one and then upgrade with the other. I’ve also seen a hint that someone used 2 vouchers for a double upgrade; Econo - Premium - UC

There is only one type of annual credit card voucher with its multitude of uses however some hold an upgrade only voucher from a brief promo on their UK credit card back in 2020. I believe this is similar to the upgrade voucher Virgin Atl. issued to some if they were happy to forgo a refund in lieu of a future travel voucher.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Using the "companion" voucher for relatives (where I am not flying)

Hi there - anyone aware whether you have to be one of the passengers to use the companion voucher from one's own account? I am sure I have used a voucher and miles from my own account for 2 relatives travelling together, but where I am not a passenger on their flights. I seem to recall this was a distinct advantage to the BA 241, which previously did require the BA Exec Club member to be flying.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

c55
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by camille55
Hi there - anyone aware whether you have to be one of the passengers to use the companion voucher from one's own account? I am sure I have used a voucher and miles from my own account for 2 relatives travelling together, but where I am not a passenger on their flights. I seem to recall this was a distinct advantage to the BA 241, which previously did require the BA Exec Club member to be flying.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

c55
I’m not sure if it will work in practice, or is a training issue, however I’ve been told I can use my CC vouchers towards others upgrade or 241 even, likewise I can amend the names on a cancelled 241 booking currently held in a FTV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.