Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to reach Virgin's Management/Exec Team?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Question How to reach Virgin's Management/Exec Team?

Hi there,

I've been trying for 16 days to reach someone at Virgin who can fix a booking error (well, 3 really) made by Virgin that has left us without a return flight on an international booking.
I have tried Twitter - they send me to phone/SMS. I call in and have spent ~7-8 hours and keep having booking errors. I filled out the Contact Us form 12 days ago and have not heard back.

At this point I am so desperate for help from someone who can actually help and wants to help that I am trying to contact an exec with Virgin, knowing that it will most likely be delegated downward.

Has anyone had success contacting Virgin besides contact us, SMS, phone? Again, I am really desperate just to get this fixed.

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:33 am

Got through to Flying Club after a 90 min hold at 16:00 GMT earlier this week. Flying Club can transfer you to a member of their Premium Customer Care team upon request, that’s as close to Management within Virgin Atlantic as you can probably reach right now.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Got through to Flying Club after a 90 min hold at 16:00 GMT earlier this week. Flying Club can transfer you to a member of their Premium Customer Care team upon request, that’s as close to Management within Virgin Atlantic as you can probably reach right now.

Thanks for your response. So you asked specifically for "Premium Customer Care"? I don't have any status whatsoever with Virgin, is this team available just by asking?
Old Oct 30, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by kk25s
Hi there,

I've been trying for 16 days to reach someone at Virgin who can fix a booking error (well, 3 really) made by Virgin that has left us without a return flight on an international booking.
I have tried Twitter - they send me to phone/SMS. I call in and have spent ~7-8 hours and keep having booking errors. I filled out the Contact Us form 12 days ago and have not heard back.

At this point I am so desperate for help from someone who can actually help and wants to help that I am trying to contact an exec with Virgin, knowing that it will most likely be delegated downward.

Has anyone had success contacting Virgin besides contact us, SMS, phone? Again, I am really desperate just to get this fixed.

Thanks!
I'm not clear what the specific issue is here from the post.
Was an e-ticket issued originally under the booking reference? Has something since happened (cancellations / flight time changes) that means the return part(s) of the e-ticket are no longer operating? Have you had an e-mail from Virgin Atlantic confirming cancellation(s)? Is there a message in Manage My Booking asking you contact them?

I'd lean towards sucking up a time commitment and phoning in this example as it sounds somewhat complex. I have tried their WhatsApp line a couple of times recently but even relatively simple cases where Virgin cancelled one of the flights (ie. Moving to 3 a week from daily) and I'd lined up two easy alternatives ended in protracted messaging to & fro. The WhatsApp line took 2 days the first time and 3 the second.
So ... phone and be clear as to the specific issue that needs fixing (and offer suggestions if possible), the reasons as to why the mess was created can be picked-up separately so as not to derail the call and the agent.

PS. I agree the Virgin Atlantic website's contact us form is next to useless as it doesn't allow targetting of the issue and a resolution in certain cases.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlefish
I'm not clear what the specific issue is here from the post.
Was an e-ticket issued originally under the booking reference? Has something since happened (cancellations / flight time changes) that means the return part(s) of the e-ticket are no longer operating? Have you had an e-mail from Virgin Atlantic confirming cancellation(s)? Is there a message in Manage My Booking asking you contact them?

I'd lean towards sucking up a time commitment and phoning in this example as it sounds somewhat complex. I have tried their WhatsApp line a couple of times recently but even relatively simple cases where Virgin cancelled one of the flights (ie. Moving to 3 a week from daily) and I'd lined up two easy alternatives ended in protracted messaging to & fro. The WhatsApp line took 2 days the first time and 3 the second.
So ... phone and be clear as to the specific issue that needs fixing (and offer suggestions if possible), the reasons as to why the mess was created can be picked-up separately so as not to derail the call and the agent.

PS. I agree the Virgin Atlantic website's contact us form is next to useless as it doesn't allow targetting of the issue and a resolution in certain cases.
The original booking is a round trip on a Delta partner flight. The representative who booked the flight on the phone did not correctly book the return flight, so the seats were not properly reserved with Delta. Delta then canceled this flight and moved everyone to a later flight, which would be fine, but because the booking was made incorrectly, I still have this ghost reservation on the earlier flight and no updated return flight to something that actually exists. Virgin told me this was the error on their side and then tried to rebook me twice and both times failed. I've spent between 7 - 7.5 hours on the phone with them this week and the resolution is "we'll call you back Monday." which isn't much of a resolution. So I'd like to speak to someone who has the ability to essentially just book the ticket there and then when I'm on the phone if possible and let them know what a horrendous experience this has been.

Any ideas? Calling in hasn't gotten me anywhere. In fact, it's gotten me two more reservations that haven't been booked correctly either.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
You won't get hold of someone who can book the ticket immediately whilst on the telephone with them, assuming that in this case that there isn't award availability for the Delta flight needed. The positive thing is that they have admitted it was an issue at their end. To try to get it resolved, they would normally need to liaise with Delta to make something available or find a solution to fix it. That'll take them time to get that with Delta and allow them to work on it. I doubt that the teams involved will work over the weekend, so them coming back to you today is perfectly reasonable, assuming your flight is not in the next 24 hours or so.

Essentially, Virgin messed up and appear to have admitted it. They now need some time to work with Delta to try to put it right. If they have admitted fault, then they should get it resolved. You just need to give them the time to make the necessary arrangements. If they don't manage to do this for you, then absolutely escalate it when they come back to you.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:20 am

In my experience, the WhatsApp process is woeful, I recently had an issue with changing my flights and the charges that Virgin wanted to make. I detailed the whole thing (including screenshots of my WhatsApp conversation) in an email to customer.care(at)fly.virgin.com. I also put the email address of the Virgin CEO (freely available online at ceoemail(dot)com in the "to:" box NOT as a CC. This produced a result inside of 12 hours. I am not saying that this will work for you, but worth a try.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
I had a 4 hour hold a week ago. Be prepared to wait.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by bigbadjoe
In my experience, the WhatsApp process is woeful, I recently had an issue with changing my flights and the charges that Virgin wanted to make. I detailed the whole thing (including screenshots of my WhatsApp conversation) in an email to customer.care(at)fly.virgin.com. I also put the email address of the Virgin CEO (freely available online at ceoemail(dot)com in the "to:" box NOT as a CC. This produced a result inside of 12 hours. I am not saying that this will work for you, but worth a try.
Same experience here with WhatsApp. Firstly, it’s frequently closed and only open at random hours, including the night for some reason. This means that they of course reply when you are in bed, and won’t do anything even if you have expressly told them to. Secondly, the reps appear incapable of seeing anything done by someone else, or your comments upthread. They literally arrive like an amoeba floating in the wind, all bouncy and happy but completely clueless about what is going on, even though it’s all written down! Honestly I wanted to throw a chair at someone. All I wanted to do was keep the exact same route, people etc. but shift the dates on by two weeks, I’d found the availability on Matrix and posted a pic but that fried their brains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.