Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight credits now showing up on website

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Flight credits now showing up on website

Virgin Atlantic seems to have some annoying technical issues. We have flight credits from our cancelled flight last summer. However when I checked it 2 days ago, I was not able to pull anything up using the reference number and E ticket numbers I called and they fixed it and gave me new reference number plus the e-ticket numbers. But it is disappearing again this morning! I called about one hour ago and was told the previous person "made some mistake" and now the issue is resolved. I was able to pull it up on the "My booking" and i took a screen shot...and guess what ? 5 minutes later it disappeared again. What is going on? Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried they will lose track of our credits? I am tired of having to wait on the phone for a long time to deal with this. I just want to make sure by the time I am ready to book our next trip, all the info is there.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by monkeymommy
Virgin Atlantic seems to have some annoying technical issues. We have flight credits from our cancelled flight last summer. However when I checked it 2 days ago, I was not able to pull anything up using the reference number and E ticket numbers I called and they fixed it and gave me new reference number plus the e-ticket numbers. But it is disappearing again this morning! I called about one hour ago and was told the previous person "made some mistake" and now the issue is resolved. I was able to pull it up on the "My booking" and i took a screen shot...and guess what ? 5 minutes later it disappeared again. What is going on? Has anyone experienced this? Should I be worried they will lose track of our credits? I am tired of having to wait on the phone for a long time to deal with this. I just want to make sure by the time I am ready to book our next trip, all the info is there.
If it’s any consolation, as much of a mess it can look at our end, they can see everything at their end in terms of open ticket credit, (accepted) vouchers etc. Or so has been my experience.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Delta was the same way back in the beginning, I haven't checked my credits lately. DL told me that I would have to call to rebook, which annoys me no end. But I'm hoping that some day everything will be back to normal. Based on my internet use over the past year, it's my considered opinion that IT departments of travel providers, especially airlines, have been grossly affected by the virus disaster. Things just don't seem to be working right far too often. Little glitch here, another there ... usually I can come back next day and all is well. But I don't expect much until everyone goes back to work 'normally'.
Old May 18, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by monkeymommy
I am tired of having to wait on the phone for a long time to deal with this. I just want to make sure by the time I am ready to book our next trip, all the info is there.
The team responding to Facebook messenger are super quick at replying. I spent over 40 minutes on hold trying to speak to someone the other day. Have up, sent a message on messenger and got a reply within 10 minutes.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies. I had made one more phone call asking what was going on, and the staff on the phone was very helpful. It turned out that now their system of keeping track of the open tickets are not really linked to the online system that we could see (I think that was what he said, something like that ). He spoke to the supervisor and was told they will fix it and that would take about 48 hrs. I went back to check the next day and everything showed up without a problem and so far so good. Hopefully it stays!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.