Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

UC Date Change - Huge Difference. Anything I can do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UC Date Change - Huge Difference. Anything I can do

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Indeed, both Delta and VS have been operating some TATL flights even with very few passengers. Cargo is basically funding the services.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by teledude
Premium customer care have opened a case on my behalf which this manager is owning communications back to me. Next update - Friday.
Any tips on how to get through to Premium Customer Care from the start?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any tips on how to get through to Premium Customer Care from the start?
Not possible. Can't even phone them. Haven't had any communication this week so not expecting much from the call tomorrow.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by blindman
Flights to the USA still seem to be operating though on a reduced schedule, so you may have to cancel as opposed to wait for VS to do so.

I see this is operated by Delta so this may make a difference.

When is your flight?

VS have been notifying passengers of cancellations about 10-11 days before.
Apr 10. Note that VS-operated flights were to return Apr 1, and are now selling daily from Apr 8, alongside DL's mostly-daily service.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Apr 10. Note that VS-operated flights were to return Apr 1, and are now selling daily from Apr 8, alongside DL's mostly-daily service.
The latest Covid Travel disruption show no change from last week so I'm pretty sure your flight will operate.

USA April Schedule.

LHR-ATL-LHR 3 per week

LHR-BOS-LHR 1 per week

LHR-JFK-LHR 7 per week

LHR-LAX-LHR 5 per week

LHR-MIA-LHR 1 per week
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:18 pm

The latest Covid Travel disruption show no change from last week so I'm pretty sure your flight will operate.
SEA with upcoming daily service is a bigger market for VS than BOS, ATL and MIA combined? We’ll see.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by jjclancy
SEA with upcoming daily service is a bigger market for VS than BOS, ATL and MIA combined? We’ll see.
SEA isn’t operated by VS, it is a Delta flight, so there is no comparison to be had with those VS routes.

Looking at the SEA flight on the 10th, Delta have made a few changes to their April TATL flights yesterday for the month and that flight remained. Unless they make another wave of changes, it is looking more likely to operate now.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
SEA isn’t operated by VS, it is a Delta flight, so there is no comparison to be had with those VS routes.
VS105 is DL metal?

Old Mar 27, 2021, 5:45 pm

Ah, assumed you were SEA-LHR on the 10th, which is DL. VS have already cancelled ops LHR-SEA on their metal, including your flight, with only DL operating flights.

Looking at the travel trade updates, VS pulled their flights over a week ago, so not sure why yours is still showing. Not sure if they were slow to pull flights from booking engines, but now only a limited DL service is showing.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 3:53 pm

Ok if I jump on the thread? Let me know if I should start my own.

I've got Europe to HND flights booked in late April. I booked ANA flights (out from MUC and back into LHR) via Virgin - booking with points.

The flights have now been cancelled. Virgin have offered to refund, or to rebook if I can find availability. Unsurprisingly, I can't find equivalent availability on ANA to fit in with when I can get time off work (I had tickets for two people travelling together; three of the four legs were in 1st and one leg in business).

Ideally, I'd get Virgin to put me on equivalent flights to Japan after it reopens, without having to hunt for availability. Would EU261 rights give me a shot at getting this, or am I out of luck?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:16 am

Interesting. Chased again. It's gone to ticketing and call back soon!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by notanevildoer
Ideally, I'd get Virgin to put me on equivalent flights to Japan after it reopens, without having to hunt for availability. Would EU261 rights give me a shot at getting this, or am I out of luck?
Look at post 71 and the links there to VS attitude to EC261

They should find you a flight with them or any other carrier so you can take the trip.

It will be a fight but you have the rights.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:11 pm

Changed. Just push hard.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by teledude
Changed. Just push hard.
Great result.

What did they say when they capitulated?

Did you just stick with the EC261 rights?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:21 pm

Great result.

What did they say when they capitulated?

Did you just stick with the EC261 rights?
Just didn't want to discuss it lol. Yes. Made it clear this wasn't going away and I'd pay to make them fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.