Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Until when can flights be canceled for a voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver

My wife and I are moving to Canada from Scotland in these uncertain times. Found a EDI-AMS-YVR VS codeshare (op by KL) in business at a good price. To board the flight to AMS, we need to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 of arrival in AMS. We've booked a test as close as possible to the 72hs, so we should be ok, but there isn't absolute certainty. If we don't receive the test result, what is the deadline for canceling the flight for a voucher? The VS website says it must be done "the day before". The EDI-AMS flight is at 6am. Would 23.59 the day before be ok?

As of now, Canada is allowing this flight, even though direct flights from the UK are suspended. In the event that Canada forbids all travel from the UK to Canada (so that, even though both segments may operate separarely, my through ticket would no longer be valid), how feasible would it be to obtain a refund from VS?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.