Flights to Grenada

Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Flights to Grenada

I have booked with Virgin Holidays to Grenada next November & they say the departures are a Thursday & Monday via ANU.
Yet, Virgin Atlantic say the flights are Friday & Monday. Who is correct??? I need to book connecting flights and need to have the exact day. cheers
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ahstewart
I have booked with Virgin Holidays to Grenada next November & they say the departures are a Thursday & Monday via ANU.
Yet, Virgin Atlantic say the flights are Friday & Monday. Who is correct??? I need to book connecting flights and need to have the exact day. cheers
I would be a bit cautious about booking separate itineraries since airline schedules are subject to change especially that far out in 2021.

On a related note VS was supposed to resume flying to GND but the local government has prohibited flights from the UK so VS won’t be operating flights for now according to their website for January.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A few (possibly pedantic) points. Whatever you book from ANU won't be a connection, it'll be a completely separate flight on which you'll have no protection if your VS flight is late or cancelled. So the usual rules about leaving a lot of time between flights on separate itineraries apply, if you don't fancy buying new tickets. This is particularly relevant for the return flight from ANU. Partly because of this, I would not worry about these regional flights until shortly before your trip, say in September.

I am curious, however. If you booked a holiday with Virgin Holidays in Grenada, are the flights only to ANU but the hotel in Grenada?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Flights are from London to Grenada with a stop in Antigua. Virgin & BA do this all the time
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:26 am
Original Poster

The connecting flights I have to book are from Glasgow to Heathrow to catch the Virgin flight to Grenada. I just dont know what day the Virgin flight will fly to Grenada, Thursday or Friday??
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Ah, I see. Same applies, leave plenty of time between flights and worry about this in 10 months’ time.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:54 am

The connecting flights I have to book are from Glasgow to Heathrow to catch the Virgin flight to Grenada. I just dont know what day the Virgin flight will fly to Grenada, Thursday or Friday??
Can't you just ask the travel agent to book your flights from Glasgow? That way they'll be responsible if there's a change in the day or time of the flight?
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Agree with others ... there's no way to be sure of anything next November. I'm sitting on a couple of trips that need connecting flights and I'll not touch them until at least 60 days out. Unless you can book fully-refundable, or no-charge changes ... then it might be worth the effort. But you'll have to watch the schedules like a hawk. Nobody knows nothin' about nothin' in travel these days.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jsn55
Agree with others ... there's no way to be sure of anything next November. I'm sitting on a couple of trips that need connecting flights and I'll not touch them until at least 60 days out. Unless you can book fully-refundable, or no-charge changes ... then it might be worth the effort. But you'll have to watch the schedules like a hawk. Nobody knows nothin' about nothin' in travel these days.
Indeed! BA has already changed my upcoming EDILHR sector eight times since I booked it last month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.