FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Fate of Clubhouses (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/2026747-fate-clubhouses.html)

A321neo Oct 12, 20 11:08 am

Fate of Clubhouses

What is the fate of the US and JNB clubhouses? Safe to assume they won稚 return?

jsn55 Oct 12, 20 11:45 am

What have I missed? Are the Clubhouses in the US closed? Since I haven't flown anywhere in forever, I feel a bit out of the loop. Hoping to do England in the spring.

A321neo Oct 12, 20 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by jsn55 (Post 32741935)
What have I missed? Are the Clubhouses in the US closed? Since I haven't flown anywhere in forever, I feel a bit out of the loop. Hoping to do England in the spring.

yes, all of the clubhouses are closed.

the one at LAX has had its name removed, and there is no longer signage indicating its presence. Apparently Delta is interested in taking over its Kitchen.

allengeorgea Oct 12, 20 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by A321neo (Post 32742034)
yes, all of the clubhouses are closed.

the one at LAX has had its name removed, and there is no longer signage indicating its presence. Apparently Delta is interested in taking over its Kitchen.

To be fair, Delta is within a year of opening a brand new SkyClub at LAX that is also supposed to have an exclusive Delta One/international J component to it. The Clubhouse is a tough bar to meet, but I wouldn't take what's happening at LAX to be indicative of what's happening across the entire Clubhouse outstation system.

UKtravelbear Oct 13, 20 8:59 am

EWR has definitly closed as VS has ceased all operations there.

I see all the rest as being temporary closures until VS future operations become more certain. They invest a lot in the CHs so they are not something they will close on a whim.

A321neo Oct 13, 20 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 32744437)
EWR has definitly closed as VS has ceased all operations there.

I see all the rest as being temporary closures until VS future operations become more certain. They invest a lot in the CHs so they are not something they will close on a whim.

I think Delta has their hands on the CHs more than we'd think. I've seen barstaff at the JFK clubhouse work at the JFK SkyClub, and staff at the LAX CH work at the (former) T2 LAX SkyClub.

NOLAnwGOLD Oct 16, 20 12:42 am

OMG! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO........
I LOVE THE LAX CLUBHOUSE. I go like hours hours before my LAX-LHR flights to hang, drink champagne and eat a ton of great great food....those miso donuts.....
UGH! I even booked a flight in April to BRU on VS J (I want to try the new A350 too!) in the off chance I can go (not likely dang chlamydia 19!)
The first time I was in it (my first clubhouse), I told my new boyfriend, that I had already eaten/drank back the price of the flight and the best part was that it was the start of the trip.

UKtravelbear Oct 16, 20 8:20 am

Originally Posted by A321neo (Post 32745457)
I think Delta has their hands on the CHs more than we'd think. I've seen barstaff at the JFK clubhouse work at the JFK SkyClub, and staff at the LAX CH work at the (former) T2 LAX SkyClub.

I know many VS staff in the US are employed via an agency so if VS can't employ someone for full time hours then someone may very well also work in another airlines lounge. To me it really dosen't signify anything much.

I know a few people who work at airports via a a ground handling agents. One friend of mine has to take 3 uniforms to woek for him because he covers 3 airlines.

ColOrd Oct 27, 20 10:23 am

I知 afraid that the VS LAX CH has gone for good!

A321neo Oct 28, 20 2:28 am

Originally Posted by ColOrd (Post 32776322)

yes, I知 quite saddened by this as well.

keitherson Dec 1, 20 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 32751393)
OMG! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO........
I LOVE THE LAX CLUBHOUSE. I go like hours hours before my LAX-LHR flights to hang, drink champagne and eat a ton of great great food....those miso donuts.....
UGH! I even booked a flight in April to BRU on VS J (I want to try the new A350 too!) in the off chance I can go (not likely dang chlamydia 19!)
The first time I was in it (my first clubhouse), I told my new boyfriend, that I had already eaten/drank back the price of the flight and the best part was that it was the start of the trip.

​​​​

Originally Posted by ColOrd (Post 32776322)

Originally Posted by A321neo (Post 32778187)
yes, I知 quite saddened by this as well.

It's not. https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...rt-lounge.html

It's temporary. Only Newark is permanent.

LAX is almost 3x daily in the summer.

NOLAnwGOLD Jan 7, 21 12:06 am

Oddly priority pass keeps listing the VS LAX Clubhouse as an option to access (during the morning hours). Any one know the status of it now??

deltatrav Jan 12, 21 7:34 am

Anyone have news on the Clubhouse in LHR reopening (and thus T3..)?

travellingjake Jan 12, 21 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by deltatrav (Post 32961630)
Anyone have news on the Clubhouse in LHR reopening (and thus T3..)?

April, or so I believe.

pazza2000 Jan 14, 21 10:45 am

Here is being hopeful, but I suspect April will be a bit premature! Or perhaps T3 will still reopen, but the costly to operate CH won’t?