Fate of Clubhouses

Old Jan 15, 21, 2:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I can't find the link now, but someone from VS did confirm plans that the CH will reopen when T3 reopens. I'm sure that statement though will still have caveats galore attached to it on their part, but at least that is the intention at present.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 21, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
LAX Clubhouse closed, becomes Delta SkyClub in May

The sliding door has already been changed to a Delta SkyClub logo. Agents at LAX tell me they are remodeling to give it a general consistency with the SkyClub look.

Sad to see this lounge close; the bar and cocktail program was very good - as were the table-served menu options.

For those who know this space (has been NW WorldClub among others) it has amazing views of the north runways, Century City and on clear days, the Hollywood Hills.

T2 LAX former Clubhouse

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Mar 31, 21 at 11:12 pm Reason: added photo
Old Apr 4, 21, 2:09 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Merged threads

Nick
Mod VS forum
Old Apr 4, 21, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Here is being hopeful, but I suspect April will be a bit premature! Or perhaps T3 will still reopen, but the costly to operate CH wonít?

As I understand it, all CHs will be permanently closed absent the LHR and soon-to-be MAN one. The US stations will use SkyClubs and the rest partner/contract lounges.

I hope Iím wrong :/
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 21, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by A321neo View Post
As I understand it, all CHs will be permanently closed absent the LHR and soon-to-be MAN one. The US stations will use SkyClubs and the rest partner/contract lounges.

Oh I hope that you're wrong. I loved the CH in JFK T4. The staff was always lovely and the food was consistently great.
Old Apr 5, 21, 9:13 am

Although disappointing, as a fan of their space at LAX, it isnít hugely surprisingly after their partnership with Delta was formed, itís an obvious and easy cost saving measure. Here is hoping their flagship at LHRís T3 reopens soon as what theyíve been using as a replacement at T2 is worst than some SkyClubs.
Old Apr 5, 21, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Airlines with non-stops to where I'm going

I hope you're wrong too. :-) The Virgin lounge in IAD is far better than Air France/KLM, but not as good as Etihad (the only other options in A). I'd imagine Virgin would use AF/KLM. In B you have Turkish (ok), Lufthansa (already crowded pre-Covid at peak periods), and BA - (also crowded at peak periods pre-Covid).
Old Apr 6, 21, 12:20 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
NONONONO!!!!
I loved the LAX club since it was cozy, a great premium experience and such great food. The first time I was there with my BF, after we finished, I said, if we just went home, I'd be happy that we got the value of our ticket already. It isn't surprising both with the pandemic but also the overall situation. I wonder if this or both spaces might become something of a higher level of club after the new headhouse club opens.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: