Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Has Virgin stopped answering their USA res line?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did a search and didn't find anything, apologies if I missed the correct thread.

I am holding a virgin award on ANA for next month (October) which I cannot use since Japan is not admitting folks from the USA. I have made three calls to the Virgin res line (while it was open) to cancel the booking since this cannot be done online. On the three calls, I waited without reply first for 15 mins, then 30 mins, and finally an hour, with no reply. So I followed the instructions and texted my request. I got an automated response that the text was received, but have not heard further for two days now.

Ultimately, I will call ANA and cancel with them so they don't hold the seat but that won't bring the points back.

How many hours or days do I have to wait? Or are there any tricks (I don't have status with Virgin) that work? I'd appreciate any help folks here can provide.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Did a search and didn't find anything, apologies if I missed the correct thread.

I am holding a virgin award on ANA for next month (October) which I cannot use since Japan is not admitting folks from the USA. I have made three calls to the Virgin res line (while it was open) to cancel the booking since this cannot be done online. On the three calls, I waited without reply first for 15 mins, then 30 mins, and finally an hour, with no reply. So I followed the instructions and texted my request. I got an automated response that the text was received, but have not heard further for two days now.

Ultimately, I will call ANA and cancel with them so they don't hold the seat but that won't bring the points back.

How many hours or days do I have to wait? Or are there any tricks (I don't have status with Virgin) that work? I'd appreciate any help folks here can provide.
You will need to cancel the ticket with VS for VS award ticket, NH can not do anything besides selecting seats for you.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
the text system does have some delays in it

I would keep on at that system but I would also send them an email saying you want to cancel the flight and get a refund etc

Can't remember if VS has a chat system on the website at the moment but that would be another option and IIRC you can have the chat record emailed to yourself.

Both the above would show VS that you tried to contact them to cancal,
Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:55 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Thought it's been a few months but when I used the text system for an award transfer to Hilton, it worked great. Took a little bit of time but got resolved pretty efficiently

Text them!
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Thought it's been a few months but when I used the text system for an award transfer to Hilton, it worked great. Took a little bit of time but got resolved pretty efficiently

Text them!
As I noted above, I did, last Thursday. Got the auto-response so they received it. Since then, I have heard nothing tomorrow will be 4 days.

In the past when I called, I usually got through within 15 minutes max. So this is different than a few months ago and I am wondering what has changed; i.e., have they laid off most of their res agents.

BTW, I did not see a "chat" option on their web page. If someone knows of one, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
As I noted above, I did, last Thursday. Got the auto-response so they received it. Since then, I have heard nothing tomorrow will be 4 days.

In the past when I called, I usually got through within 15 minutes max. So this is different than a few months ago and I am wondering what has changed; i.e., have they laid off most of their res agents.

BTW, I did not see a "chat" option on their web page. If someone knows of one, please let me know. Thanks.
VS made announcements that they’ve reduced their call center hours to help their colleagues with social distancing and curfews.

My suggestion to you is to be patient and keep holding until you get a representative online or try Facebook Messenger/Twitter.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
VS made announcements that they’ve reduced their call center hours to help their colleagues with social distancing and curfews.

My suggestion to you is to be patient and keep holding until you get a representative online or try Facebook Messenger/Twitter.
I did use FB messenger about 3 days ago and got no response. And I knew about their limited hours and always called during them.

On one of my many calls, 45 minutes in, someone did answer and I managed to get what I needed. However, this situation will cause me not to use Virgin in the future as their main competition, BA, is currently nowhere near as bad.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I did use FB messenger about 3 days ago and got no response. And I knew about their limited hours and always called during them.

On one of my many calls, 45 minutes in, someone did answer and I managed to get what I needed. However, this situation will cause me not to use Virgin in the future as their main competition, BA, is currently nowhere near as bad.
Hah... I had to hold with BA for three hours about two weeks ago so I'm not saying BA is better but everyone has their own troubles now.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:15 pm

I was on hold today for 1 hr 15 mins to cancel an ANA booking for next month. It is a long wait but the agent was so sweet and the cancellation took less than 7 mins
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Virgin responded to my text to them just now, 8 1/2 days after I posted it. The online recording says they will get back within a few hours. In my response, I suggested they change that statement.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Virgin responded to my text to them just now, 8 1/2 days after I posted it. The online recording says they will get back within a few hours. In my response, I suggested they change that statement.
Virgin may have bad CS, but can't you call UK to fix the problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.