IAD-LHR December

Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:58 am
Original Poster

IAD-LHR December

Hi everybody!
I hope you’re good. I was planning on booking IAD-LHR in December on the nonstop VS22. However, it has completely disappeared from the VS website. Has the service been cancelled?

I am looking for any day in December! I had thought that the IAD-LHR route was starting up again but has this changed?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Longhaul transatlantic travel in the year 2020 -> not a good idea! Hence, low loads which leads to rolling cancellations.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have not checked every day in December, but I see nonstop IAD-LHR on UA, DL & BA. Total of 5 frequencies, with UA operation 3 of them.

I doubt much value in booking more than 30-40 days out from departure. You will, of course, receive a refund if your carrier cancels. But, if admission criteria change and you are unable (or it is not practical) to meet them, but the flight still operates, all you get is a funny money credit and you may not want that as your rebooking, if any, might be on some other more inconvenient or better-priced carrier down the road.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Longhaul transatlantic travel in the year 2020 -> not a good idea! Hence, low loads which leads to rolling cancellations.
Thank you for your responses

Of course! However, some do still have to travel (with appropriate precautions) particularly between the two nations' capitals - and are eligible under the criteria for both countries.

VS had stated that it was relaunching the LHR-IAD route from September 2020 onwards (https://corporate.virginatlantic.com...to-flying.html). Flights for the route were being sold until last week, and I've not found any notices of the route being suspended (or terminated) anywhere on the VS website (plus when I asked VS via social media, they said that the route is still operating). It was to my surprise that the schedule had been wiped without announcement so it is unclear whether it is inventory being taken by passengers, technical issues, the route being suspended or terminated, the route being temporarily prevented from being booked, or some other reason entirely.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Oooh an update! Turns out it was a technical issue! The flights have returned to the system!
Air Houston likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Oooh an update! Turns out it was a technical issue! The flights have returned to the system!
Have fun flying VS
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
Have fun flying VS
Thanks! All booked! Booked PE on points as couldn’t justify the taxes on the UC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.