Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic adds ability to earn Tier Points on award flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic adds ability to earn Tier Points on award flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by Jma12
Why stop at DEL when you can go to PVG or HKG
Premium economy fares on VS from LAX to DEL are a lot cheaper than to PVG and HKG.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
A quick query on the companion voucher (which for others' references I had to ask the FC helpline to find)... I am VS red so whilst I earned a voucher a couple of years ago, it had no use but it does now as a 50% points discount on an UC redemption fare. So it would be 2 people for the points price of 1.5 (plus two lots of taxes). I now have enough points to get a deal to most of the VS routes.

My voucher was issued in 2018 and expires on 16-JAN-21. Do people know if I have to book the flights by then or will I have to have travelled - either the outbound or, worst of all, both legs?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
A quick query on the companion voucher (which for others' references I had to ask the FC helpline to find)... I am VS red so whilst I earned a voucher a couple of years ago, it had no use but it does now as a 50% points discount on an UC redemption fare. So it would be 2 people for the points price of 1.5 (plus two lots of taxes). I now have enough points to get a deal to most of the VS routes.

My voucher was issued in 2018 and expires on 16-JAN-21. Do people know if I have to book the flights by then or will I have to have travelled - either the outbound or, worst of all, both legs?
i *think* it’s to book/get ticketed.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:20 pm

Does anyone have any further info about either of the following;

1) is it possible to use a single voucher for a return trip with 2 legs in both directions, with all legs operated by Virgin Atlantic? 2 example itineraries:

LAX-LHR-HKG (return) or JFK-LHR-PVG.

2) If you upgrade a premium economy fare to upper class by using a credit card voucher, do you still earn airmiles and tier points according to the premium economy fare?
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Does anyone have any further info about either of the following;

1) is it possible to use a single voucher for a return trip with 2 legs in both directions, with all legs operated by Virgin Atlantic? 2 example itineraries:

LAX-LHR-HKG (return) or JFK-LHR-PVG.

2) If you upgrade a premium economy fare to upper class by using a credit card voucher, do you still earn airmiles and tier points according to the premium economy fare?
I would like to know as well too!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:39 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Have a DL award ticket booked in G (UC) RT, wonder if I can switch to my FC member number to get 200 status points.....
Old Sep 9, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I would like to know as well too!
I’ve messaged flying club to elaborate. Will reply when I know more (4-7 days seems to be usual timeframe at the moment!)
NOLAnwGOLD and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:42 am

Ok, I have updates on both previously mentioned posts. And this is without having received a reply from VS! Got it from credit card offer t&c’s.

1) Upgrade is valid for a return point-to-point journey (i.e. LHR-LAX-LHR). Something like LAX-LHR-DEL-LHR-LAX won’t work, as it has 2 segments in each direction.

2) you only earn miles and tier points based on the original cash or miles booking class. So, if you upgrade a PE ticket (K booking class) ticket to Upper, you’ll only earn based on K class.

Sad, but guess we can’t have our cake and eat it!!
andymac66 and kitbag1984 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:49 am

With the new improved reward vouchers from Virgin CC.

What's the best way to book upper class tickets?

I have 3 vouchers, 2 currently used as upgrade vouchers on premium open tickets, but as you can now use them as companion vouchers for premium and even upper class (1 to 1.5) Trying to work out what will be the most effective way for 4 return flights next August.

Tried messaging Virgin but getting different answers.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:43 pm

Deleted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.