FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Can't log on to Virgin Atlantic (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/2018316-cant-log-virgin-atlantic.html)

Dakota May 27, 2020 10:23 am

Hate to say it, but this sounds like the end is nigh...

benwoohoo May 27, 2020 10:58 am

Originally Posted by beastieb (Post 32407707)
They most definitely cannot. I tried to make a ANA partner booking through them and they were unable to complete it. It is currently on hold for the time being, but hope they get it sorted out soon so I can complete the ticketing.

I am in the same predicament as you. My flights have been held for a total of 96 hours now and a representative said that they could be held in Virgin's system until the 12th of June, though ANA "has the right to remove the hold" on their end. Fingers crossed that the flying club is back up soon, but I don't have much hope considering that it's been down since at least the 23rd.

Jma12 May 27, 2020 11:20 am

Originally Posted by benwoohoo (Post 32407792)
I am in the same predicament as you. My flights have been held for a total of 96 hours now and a representative said that they could be held in Virgin's system until the 12th of June, though ANA "has the right to remove the hold" on their end. Fingers crossed that the flying club is back up soon, but I don't have much hope considering that it's been down since at least the 23rd.

Perhaps they want to control cost, so people can not book partner flights. I wonder if we can still book flight on the phone?

36902BRF May 27, 2020 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Jma12 (Post 32407855)
Perhaps they want to control cost, so people can not book partner flights. I wonder if we can still book flight on the phone?

As noted above in this thread you cannot book by phone even the agents have no access to FC accounts right now. Honestly this smells IT related to me, not them locking down FC to prevent redemptions. Partners aren't paid until the flights are taken so there is no real near term loss as I doubt there are many folks booking flights for the next 30 or so days. That said the fact we are on day five of this I think is not a positive sign nor is the fact that the VS twitter feed cannot give any estimate of restoration.

36902BRF May 28, 2020 11:08 am

First blogger post on this (TPG and I think they have the duration of the outage wrong) but they are quoting VS as saying functionality should be restored by next week. Pretty crazy honestly. I work in IT and if some customer facing functionality like this was down for this length of time it would be a resume producing event....

pazza2000 May 30, 2020 5:12 am

Still down, hopefully there is no issues with miles earned during this period.

adhiren May 30, 2020 6:17 am

For what it is worth, there are no issues booking Virgin flights through Delta's website using my Skymiles and seeing availability so it definitely must just be a Virgin IT issue and nothing to panic about

36902BRF May 30, 2020 8:49 am

Originally Posted by adhiren (Post 32415467)
so it definitely must just be a Virgin IT issue and nothing to panic about

Certainly in this day and age I would not "panic" over this or indeed any frequent traveler program but this issue is concerning. An "IT issue" can cover a multitude of things some quite serious and the longer this goes on the more likely it is serious. What I find mildly concerning at this point is the length of time the site has been down. If this had been a simple issue to resolve it would have already been done. This is clearly a pretty major issue if they are still working on it over a week later. Additionally what I find concerning is that VS hasn't really gone on record saying anything meaningful about this. In particular what sticks out to me is they have not, as far as I know, even really issued any official statements beyond the super generic notice on the website and Twitter which notably have not that I have seen assured users their data is safe and still in existence. I would think they would want to assure their users of that if that was the case. Now possibly this is all just incompetence from start to finish and it isn't that bad. But the longer this goes on the choices increasingly become some combination of incompetence and/or major issue.

Jim5445 May 30, 2020 9:49 am

IT down now for 11 days

I have been trying to book a companion VA flight for 11 days and just get the same message - unfortunately it’s an IT issue. What large company has an IT issue for 11 days!!!
very concerned points holder that VA is going bust

UKtravelbear May 30, 2020 12:42 pm

VS is not going bust.

Given the current circumstances what would normally be a speedy fix is obviously taking a lot longer to resolve because of the restrictions on peoples movements,

Raffles May 30, 2020 12:45 pm

I've spoken to the Virgin team today and it is just the usual VS IT catastrophe :-) Normal service back soon.

36902BRF May 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 32416269)

Given the current circumstances what would normally be a speedy fix is obviously taking a lot longer to resolve because of the restrictions on peoples movements,

That isn't obvious. In this day and age the vast majority of IT issues can be resolved remotely with no need to physically move folks around. I work in IT in an organization that is hardly cutting edge and we have continued (and indeed grown) our operations with 98+% of our IT folks working remotely full-time since late February.

36902BRF May 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 32416278)
I've spoken to the Virgin team today and it is just the usual VS IT catastrophe :-) Normal service back soon.

Thanks for the update. It would be really nice if VS would issue some more substantial update like letting users know their data is still intact and maybe a firmer date on when we can expect to access our FC balances again. Their handling of this is hardly instilling confidence and with all their other issues right now you'd think they would at least make a little effort to keep what remaining confidence some of us might have in them.

londonba2014 May 30, 2020 1:38 pm

As a fairly newcomer to VS - really shocked at the state and functionality of their IT (Website + App) particularly given how innovative they’re meant to be; BA and easyJet defo put them to shame.

ctbarron May 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 32416278)

Any estimate of “soon?” Hitting a week now for me.