Can't log on to Virgin Atlantic

Old May 31, 20, 2:56 am

I've been constantly checking so that I can move my points from Chase/Amex over to VS. It's gone on so long that ANA actually dropped the hold on the flights because they weren't ticketed. I wonder if the "next week" figure has something to do with the timing of IT staff being taken off of furlough, since 6/1 is tomorrow.
Old May 31, 20, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ctbarron View Post
Any estimate of ďsoon?Ē Hitting a week now for me.
This week.
Old May 31, 20, 5:59 am

Programs: VS Flying Club, CO OnePass
Originally Posted by 36902BRF View Post
That isn't obvious. In this day and age the vast majority of IT issues can be resolved remotely with no need to physically move folks around. I work in IT in an organization that is hardly cutting edge and we have continued (and indeed grown) our operations with 98+% of our IT folks working remotely full-time since late February.
Right but a huge number of employees have been placed on furlough or on voluntary time-off so things will take longer with less people working particularly as when on furlough you can't be 'working' so with limited staff they may have to prioritize jobs or jobs just take longer than normal as it's a chain effect
Old May 31, 20, 7:26 am

I booked the outbound date of an ANA redemption before this started. I called to change my return (and upgrade cabin) and the agent was able to put it through. I can see the change on ANA and was able to select seats for the return. Agent said I need to call back once the system is up to pay the extra mileage. At the time (Thursday) she said itíd be 48hrs. Obviously past that but wanted to provide my experience as a data point.

Also unable to transfer TYPs and MRs.
CosmicGirl likes this.

Last edited by PntsNmiles; May 31, 20 at 7:34 am
Old May 31, 20, 12:40 pm

Spoke with a representative just now (almost zero hold time) to renew my holds, who said that the team is "very optimistic that the Flying Club will be back up by tomorrow." Fingers crossed!!
Old May 31, 20, 3:41 pm

I called just now to cancel our upcoming trip next week LAX-NRT on ANA. It was booked with miles. Immediately patched through but CSR said he had no access to fully cancel/redeposit miles/refund taxes and fees. Only thing he can do was to cancel/book us on a dummy flight so we don't end up as "no-shows" and lose our miles. Also, he'll write a note for the next person to fix it later. And we are to call back when their system is back and they will reprocess. Tried logging in on ANA with E-ticket and now it's not going through so perhaps cancellation did go through?
Old May 31, 20, 4:05 pm

I was told on What’s app yesterday that it should be back up and running 4th June
Old May 31, 20, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC25K, AS MVP, WS Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, DL,BA,KE
Originally Posted by AlanA View Post
I was told on Whatís app yesterday that it should be back up and running 4th June
2021?
Old May 31, 20, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I cancelled a flight via text (after several attempts) and was told that the miles will be placed in my account soon because the system is down. I asked if there were any more specifics and didn't receive a reply.
Old Jun 1, 20, 8:03 am

Thumbs down

same here. Looking to book a a reward seat. I'm inclined to think it has been taken down as they want to fill what few flights they will be operating full of full fare paying pax rather than have these be taken by rewards. No reason for it to be down this long and I am not a happy bunny!
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 20, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
As of today VA has shut down mileage transfers from Amex/ Chase. Not sure what to make of it. But good thing I made two Delta One Suites reservations a few weeks ago just as a placeholder
Old Jun 1, 20, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I'm not sure either, but I would guess that the mechanism that achieves that also cannot "login" to FC. Or are you saying it was working OK yesterday?
Old Jun 1, 20, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
I'm not sure either, but I would guess that the mechanism that achieves that also cannot "login" to FC. Or are you saying it was working OK yesterday?
I had tried transferring 1,000 miles from Amex about a week ago and it kicked it back twice. I assume it was because the whole flying club was down.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 1, 20, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Gordey View Post
same here. Looking to book a a reward seat. I'm inclined to think it has been taken down as they want to fill what few flights they will be operating full of full fare paying pax rather than have these be taken by rewards.
Wouldn't it be much simpler to just not release award seat inventory if that was their goal? There is no requirement that they release any award seats at all.
Old Jun 1, 20, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
As of today VA has shut down mileage transfers from Amex/ Chase. Not sure what to make of it. But good thing I made two Delta One Suites reservations a few weeks ago just as a placeholder
This and Citi transfers havenít gone through for over a week now. I spoke to an AmEx rep and he said the VS (VA is Virgin Australia, I learned that one recently) is not accepting points. Itís related to the system being down. Once itís back up, transfer should be fine. Surprised this is taking so long.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: