Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to Book JFK-LHR

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Time to Book JFK-LHR

I was looking to buy RT tickets JFK-LHR for this November.
Should have bought them 3 weeks ago (I love VS and was waiting, hoping, that situation would sort itself. If there is an airline that needs to be saved, VS is it).
Ticket prices have now spiked (about 30% higher)
Wondering what the consensus is, buy now or hold off and wait?
Old May 6, 2020, 8:12 am

One would hope travel resumes by then, however no one can say with confidence what will happen so far out. I have multiple trips booked in Q4 and if border restrictions are still in place, I'll need to cancel/change.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Honestly, I was more thinking about price, better now, or wait. I can book and cancel/change that's not an issue.
It's going to get better and I think sooner than later.
It's gotta get better quickly or the world is going to be a very different and a very, very bleak place.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Large enterprises are what keep air carriers afloat. Even if there is a 100% effective vaccine developed and delivered worldwide today, many estimate that it will take 18-24 months for other than absolutely essential travel to recover in a meaningful way.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
For everything other than Thanksgiving, November is about as low season as you can get. Even in pre-COVID days you could get ridiculously low fares for late autumn.

Wait for more clarity and for the fares to drop.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:49 am

@ noncomjd what's the fare and class you are contemplating to book on this route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.