Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS to resume LHR to Miami service from May 25, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Virgin Atlantic to resume nonstop London to Miami from May 25, 2020. Daily, A330-300.
Old May 4, 2020, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Virgin Atlantic to resume nonstop London to Miami from May 25, 2020. Daily, A330-300.
Is this from checking their website booking or did you see a news update?
I have a flight booked for May 24, status is On Time, even though all the flights to Miami are unavailable to book until May 25 for a while.
Curious when they'll send the cancellation notice, it's less than 3 weeks to the flight.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Originally Posted by Giboning
Is this from checking their website booking or did you see a news update?
I have a flight booked for May 24, status is On Time, even though all the flights to Miami are unavailable to book until May 25 for a while.
Curious when they'll send the cancellation notice, it's less than 3 weeks to the flight.
I received my cancellation notice for a flight on the 23rd May to MCO today, so I imagine it'll be in the next day or two.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
We received a cancellation notice for LHR-SFO on May 21, but manage my booking still shows it as booked and on time. The cancellation notice came from the Flying Club and didn't reference any booking code or passenger name.
Old May 5, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: virgin atlantic
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
We received a cancellation notice for LHR-SFO on May 21, but manage my booking still shows it as booked and on time. The cancellation notice came from the Flying Club and didn't reference any booking code or passenger name.
Still have a booking open from MIA to LHR on June 5th. Return June 30th. Will not be going but have been advised here to wait for them to cancel the flight and only then seek a refund as health dictates don't think we will have an opportunity to fly next year. What are the chances that they will cancel now?
Old May 6, 2020, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Great news if true. Surely the US needs to lift the travel ban on countries from Europe, and the UK foreign office need to change their current advice on travel.
heres hoping, we’re due to go LHR-MIA September 🙏🏼

Last edited by Lloydcov; May 6, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Old May 6, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: virgin atlantic
I didn't think there was a travel ban? Saw yesterday a few flights from London to NY and LA?
Old May 6, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by branmin1
I didn't think there was a travel ban? Saw yesterday a few flights from London to NY and LA?
Restriction remain in place. The flights are for repatriation and exemptions
Old May 6, 2020, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by branmin1
There is from https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm:

USA - published 17.03.2020
1. Passengers who have transited or have been in Austria, Belgium, China (People's Rep.), Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or in the United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter the USA.
[Read link for details on exceptions to above]
Old May 6, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: Kris Flyer
is it still a good idea to fly with them at the moment? not sure if they will also cancel the flights on 25th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.