Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Are VS currently paying out on agreed refunds ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are VS currently paying out on agreed refunds ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by travellingjake
All 6 of my refunds have now hit my credit card, all redemption refunds and for the correct amount - taxes only and that’s all that appeared on the emails. Is it just partner rewards showing the full fare?
It was a partner award on Air New Zealand.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:14 am

Likewise have received a refund confirmation for the inbound potion of a cancelled award flight. Refund makes no mention of the Flying Club Miles, I assume 50% of them will hopefully appear down the line? I actually didn’t request this refund and was under the impression it could be used as a credit as per the email received when cancelled for upto 2 years, which might have been preferential in terms of the amount of taxes they have refunded me.

Any guesses how long the refund of taxes and miles should take?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
DP on refund for partner (NH) award ticket

Original flights were scheduled for July 2020.
Texted VS in mid-May to reschedule the trip to 2021. The lower taxes on the rescheduled itinerary resulted in a $120+ refund.
A month later (mid-June), I received an email from the VS Refunds Dept (VAClaims@) confirming thiat they have received my claim.
I was checking my credit card statement this morning and noticed a $120+ credit from VA (hilariously the memo line indicated it was from Virgin America).
In case you're wondering, I didn't bother contacting VS in the last 4 months. But yeah ...... 4 months!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Likewise have received a refund confirmation for the inbound potion of a cancelled award flight. Refund makes no mention of the Flying Club Miles, I assume 50% of them will hopefully appear down the line? I actually didn’t request this refund and was under the impression it could be used as a credit as per the email received when cancelled for upto 2 years, which might have been preferential in terms of the amount of taxes they have refunded me.

Any guesses how long the refund of taxes and miles should take?
Just to follow up on the above, I reached out to Virgin who said my booking is still sitting as a credit under MMB, and the refund confirmation advice received, although detailed and correct should be ignored. Which works for me, although I can imagine most would prefer the refund.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
VS cxld flights back in May, which were booked through Chase URs. Originally Chase told us the refund was in form of a credit, despite requesting a full cash/points refund. However, I received an email last week indicating that the tickets had been totally cancelled and URs were redeposited in our account.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:25 am

For those that received the refund ‘email’, be interesting to hear how long it takes for the refund to then be received? Sounds as if some have already received theirs a day or so after it has been received.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Anyone had trouble getting the miles specifically refunded to their account for partner bookings? I cancelled 3 Virgin Atlantic awards last month, two on Delta metal and the third on Virgin itself. I got the miles back for the Virgin flight within a day, but even a month later the miles I used for the Delta flights are still missing. Is this normal, or should I give them another prod? Shouldn't take as long to give miles back as it does for cash bookings...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Anyone had trouble getting the miles specifically refunded to their account for partner bookings? I cancelled 3 Virgin Atlantic awards last month, two on Delta metal and the third on Virgin itself. I got the miles back for the Virgin flight within a day, but even a month later the miles I used for the Delta flights are still missing. Is this normal, or should I give them another prod? Shouldn't take as long to give miles back as it does for cash bookings...
In the past, refunds for booking w/Delta have also only taken a day or so! Surprised to hear that has changed
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I had an award trip on NH in May. The miles were instantly returned to my account. (Well, it took a few days to contact a customer service agent via WhatsApp, but then the agent was able to do it instantly.) Still waiting on the $.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:48 pm

I'm on hold with VS right now to get the miles back for my canceled flight via ANA F; I'm hoping I get the $533 fees refunded as well (2x F seats)
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
Just one more data point. 2 economy award tickets for July 25. Miles refunded 7/15 at my request via WeChat. Still no sign of the more than $400 in fees....email received states 120 days from date request received....guess I have 2 more months to wait. It's pretty ridiculous but I don't see any recourse.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ffdom
Just one more data point. 2 economy award tickets for July 25. Miles refunded 7/15 at my request via WeChat. Still no sign of the more than $400 in fees....email received states 120 days from date request received....guess I have 2 more months to wait. It's pretty ridiculous but I don't see any recourse.
DOT complaint? Credit card chargeback?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:41 am

I ended up hanging up being on hold for over 45 mins; got a text back from them with some ambiguous message about taking up to 60 days and giving the miles back but didn't mention the refund of the $533. Asked them to clarify if the "refund" includes the fees. That message was sent about 14 hours ago.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:09 am

FWIW I cancelled a booking for three UC/Delta One seats a couple of months ago. Miles came back overnight, cash element is still awaited but only halfway through one hundred and twenty days.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by spicymochi
I ended up hanging up being on hold for over 45 mins; got a text back from them with some ambiguous message about taking up to 60 days and giving the miles back but didn't mention the refund of the $533. Asked them to clarify if the "refund" includes the fees. That message was sent about 14 hours ago.
Just got confirmation that the refund will include the fees that I paid with my CC, looking at < 60 days... but probably close to the 60 day mark or over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.