Search

VS Flights 607/608 - A 747 at LAX!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:04 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
VS Flights 607/608 - A 747 at LAX!

I'm near LAX and by chance just saw a VS 747 land (a rare sight for me being based on the west coast USA - I've only seen the infamous VS 747s at LHR!).

Looking online it looks like the landing flight was VS 607 LHR-LAX and that it's supposed to leave in a few hours as VS 608 LAX-LHR. But outside of flight tracking sites, I don't see the flights listed on any normal booking channels, flight schedules, or the Virgin Atlantic flight status tool. It's not the daily scheduled LHR-LAX flight (which is still scheduled to land later today). Any insight into what this flight might be? Repatriation? Cargo? Something else?

Last edited by ryw; Mar 30, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The VS source website should be your first port of call for all things VS flight wise even if it takes a day or so to be updated

http://thevssource.com/

BTW I flew on a VS 747 to SFO in 2001 in PE on the upper deck!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:32 pm
ryw
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The VS source website should be your first port of call for all things VS flight wise even if it takes a day or so to be updated

http://thevssource.com/

BTW I flew on a VS 747 to SFO in 2001 in PE on the upper deck!
Thanks that looks like a great resource - I’m mostly a DL flyer so I don’t know all the ins and outs around VS yet!

Also that sounds great! 2001 pre-dates my frequent flyer days, but I’m still hoping to do a 747 upper deck flight at some point before they’re all out of service!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:52 pm

Charter booked by celebrity cruise for passengers on celebrity eclipse disembarked this morning in San Diego instead of San Antonio Chile 2 weeks ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.