Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Red To Silver To Gold Status...am I understanding this right?

Old Mar 15, 20, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all,

Please excuse the newbie question (I've searched "gold", "status" & "tiers" and haven't been able to find an answer to this) but I'm a little confused about how VS awards status and was really hoping someone would clarify something for me.

The facts:
  • I'm currently a lowly Red status holder and haven't had any flight activity since September 2019.
  • My next flight activity will be in December 2020
  • At the beginning of January 2021, I'll cross the 400 tier point mark
  • By the end of February 2021, I will have earned a further 600 tier points
From what I've read I *think* that's enough to get me to VS Gold status but that seems a little too easy for my liking so I'm starting to think that I've missed something. Can anyone confirm if I'll get gold or if I'll still be 400 TPs short?

Thanks very much for any help.
Old Mar 15, 20, 2:47 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I think that's right. IIRC you don't have a "status year" until you have Silver (or Gold) status so you'll have a "status year" that will end at the end of January.2022.
Old Mar 18, 20, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Also interested in the answer to this, but my reading is that you reset when you achieve Silver and thus would be 400 short - happy to be corrected.
Old Mar 18, 20, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
You do not reset when you go up a level. Your TP earnings are cumulative over the previous 12 month rolling period.

Once you earn a status you keep it for the year ahead from the point you earn it even if TPs drop out of the calculation for status going on.
etiene likes this.
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Peon, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
You do not reset when you go up a level. Your TP earnings are cumulative over the previous 12 month rolling period.

Once you earn a status you keep it for the year ahead from the point you earn it even if TPs drop out of the calculation for status going on.
Thanks, am I right in thinking there's no "VS metal" requirement either?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: