Redemption flight refund

Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Redemption flight refund

Hi

Am I right in thinking a Virgin Atlantic redemption flight is fully flexible and can be cancelled with a £30 fee?

Also how close to departure can you cancel to receive a refund of points and fees?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Hi

Am I right in thinking a Virgin Atlantic redemption flight is fully flexible and can be cancelled with a £30 fee?

Also how close to departure can you cancel to receive a refund of points and fees?

Thanks
I believe so. I have an ANA redemption booked with VA miles and am thinking of changing the date of the return flight.

When i I called to book the flight they advised me it would be a £30 charge. I guess this is the same even if only one leg is being amended or cancelled.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:04 am

Yep, that's correct. The refund and change fees are the same.

Having said that on two occasions last year I cancelled and wasn't charged a fee at all. However that might be related to the HK unrest as I was unable to cancel online and had to call to have them processed by refunds.

With regards to points I think the deadline is 24 hours before the flight to get your points back, from memory,but you may want to ask VS.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You can cancel upto 24 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight and still get your miles and cash - less the admin fee - back.

Leave it until within 24 hours and no refund at all.

see 4.2.1

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en...ing-miles.html
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:46 am
Original Member

Yes. Often the miles will reappear very quickly (minutes or hours), but the cash can takes ages - typically a few weeks in my experience

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.