Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS schedule change on LHR-DEL: Can I make a 10 minute LHR connection?

VS schedule change on LHR-DEL: Can I make a 10 minute LHR connection?

Old Jan 14, 20, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Originally Posted by divrdrew View Post
Let us know how it goes. As for the 350, definitely ignore the negative reviews. The seats are lovely. A bit narrow, but not as narrow as the older seats on the 330 / 787 / etc. The tray table is still a bit of a pain, but not a big deal. I was able to use the little shelves to store my ipad, cables, etc. Some small storage on the floor that they seem to ignore. Seats, crew ,IFE, etc, were all outstanding on the 350 out, crew not so much on the return. Definitely hooked me on VS!
Thanks, another interesting phone call this morning....
I explained already that I had booked on purpose a 15 hour layover in Boston so I wouldn't have a terribly long day flying to DEL, so I asked her to find anything else.
She said I could keep the first two segments, MSP-BOS on Friday afternoon and BOS-LHR on Saturday morning. Then wait 24:10 and take LHR-DEL Sunday morning, arriving Sunday night. So, 2 nights hotel to get to DEL. A bit much. I said I'd keep what I have for now.
When I call Delta and ask specific questions about fare buckets and rules, they are very specific back. I got the feeling, with my 3rd VS agent, that everything felt more vague and they were not really enabled to do anything other than "computer says no".
I asked (3x!) what the problem was, if it was because of DL domestic segments or some VS segments. She said both the domestic DL segment, AND the Virgin transatlantic segment. I assumed she needed Z class, so I asked about that.
Finally she told me that there needed to be seats open in Upper Class (not necessarily in Z class)... which was confusing-- I said surely Upper Class isn't sold out from BOS/JFK/MIA/etc for July 11th?
Then came the answer that I think is the issue: She said "your fare has something called 'married segments' that won't allow us to get you a seat on the Virgin flights." I didn't have time or energy to argue today, I just asked her to keep the same flights in the system for now.

Ugh... So, for real, calling a British company, and "computer says no". :P It's less funny when it's for real!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: