Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Flying Club Miles on Virgin Australia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Using Flying Club Miles on Virgin Australia

We are wanting to use our Flying Club miles on Virgin Australia. Phoned yesterday and was able to reserve internal flights (SYD to Cairns) no problem, but there was no availability Hong Kong to Syd. Does anyone have any idea if more availability will be released nearer to departure (July 2020)? It would save us so much more money to use for teh international flight than the internal flight. Also is there anyway of checking online rather than calling up?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
AFAIK, Virgin Australia is tough for international award space.

Are you looking for Business Class or just Economy?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Only economy but for 4 if possible
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:36 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I have no clue about award availability, but I was on a VA flight a month or so ago and chatted to an off duty VA pilot.
He was saying that they have been running with horrendously light loads since the trouble started in Hong Kong, and he didn’t think it would be long before VA pulled HKG, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they limited their award inventory.

Be aware this is 100% GalleyFM and not based on solid fact

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.