A340-600 Upper Class Seating?

Old Dec 19, 19, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Question A340-600 Upper Class Seating?

Hello--over from the Delta forum. My wife and I will now be on an A340-600 on our return to ATL from LHR next month, the equipment having switched from a 330-300. Are there any tidbits, suggestions, etc. we should know about in terms of the Upper Class cabin on this aircraft. I have put us in 10A and 11A as it looks like the middle row of seats from Row 8 back faces away from the A side. Is that correct?

I appreciate any comments.

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 19, 19, 8:29 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Me Too!

The same thing happened to me for my Jan 25th flight. I put myself in 5K as I wanted to be away from the bar. In the switch, I was moved to 17A. I didn’t get any notification, did you? From what I can tell, the seats are actually more comfortable/wider than the 330 but the entertainment system is dated. I believe you are correct that you will be facing the wall in the seats you chose.
Old Dec 20, 19, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal View Post
The same thing happened to me for my Jan 25th flight. I put myself in 5K as I wanted to be away from the bar. In the switch, I was moved to 17A. I didn’t get any notification, did you? From what I can tell, the seats are actually more comfortable/wider than the 330 but the entertainment system is dated. I believe you are correct that you will be facing the wall in the seats you chose.
We did not get any notification. I just noticed the change when scrolling through our itineraries. These were booked through Delta and it was on their website I noticed the change.
Old Dec 20, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Did they re-seat you? I had a really good seat on the 330 - 4A which looked at a wall. Then I guess a computer moved me to 17A which is NOT a good seat. Have also had Delta connecting flight times change a few times. So I checked once a week and now that we’re getting closer, I will check more often. I have never flown Virgin Atlantic. Not sure this will be a good taste of the airline or not.

Have a great flight!
Old Dec 21, 19, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Did they re-seat you? I had a really good seat on the 330 - 4A which looked at a wall. Then I guess a computer moved me to 17A which is NOT a good seat. Have also had Delta connecting flight times change a few times. So I checked once a week and now that we’re getting closer, I will check more often. I have never flown Virgin Atlantic. Not sure this will be a good taste of the airline or not.

Have a great flight!
Living in Atlanta, almost all of my flying is with Delta, and I am well treated by them. I have flown Virgin several times--returning from MAN or LHR to ATL. This past September, my wife and I had the front two seats in the nose of a Virgin 747 on a flight from MAN--that was totally cool. They did re-seat us on this upcoming flight, and since we are ticketed separately, we were placed nowhere near each other. However, as I indicated earlier, I changed us to 10A and 11A, which look like they will be in a good area of that cabin. I regularly check my itineraries as there are often either (or both) time changes or equipment changes. In general, the FAs on Virgin are friendly and attentive, and the service is good. They are way more rigid than Delta--more so than needed IMO, about not using the bathroom when the seatbelt sign is on. Virgin's vegan special meals are better than Delta . The Virgin Clubhouse at LHR is fantastic. Their lounge at MAN is completely dismal, although I think that they will have a new one as part of the terminal renovations going on there. I sure hope so. Have a great flight.
Old Dec 30, 19, 6:08 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, CCarlson Gold, VirginAtl Silver

Have a great flight!
I think you will like Virgin ... LHR Clubhouse is to die for! I'd fly them always, but the seats SFO-LHR don't have variable recline ... just 8" or so or fully flat, very uncomfortable for me as I don't sleep much on a plane. But I really miss the VS crew. You are SO RIGHT to keep an eye on your flights OFTEN. Check Delta, but check the VS website too ... get your confirm number from DL if you don't already have it. Every time the computer hiccups, your seats get changed ... or worse.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: