Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC switch on DEL-LHR ? 787>333

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
AC switch on DEL-LHR ? 787>333

Booked in August, DEL-LHR-MSP for early January.
787 switched to A333 recently. Anyone know why? Also, how's the Upper Class on A330 vs. the 787?
Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Not sure why the switch, probably just fleet management given that they have issues with the 787 engines.

787 vs 333 Upper Class:
  • There are two larger toilets on the 787 for the UC passengers.
  • Bar is in a different location. On the 333 it faces rearwards whereas on the 787 it's kind of diagonal across the middle of the aircraft.
  • Seat should be identical.
  • Seating map is pretty much identical.
  • Overhead bins are larger on the 787.
  • Crew rest area is over the first few G seats on the 787 and is not on the 333 meaning more usable overhead space on the 333 for those in row G.
  • There is a bathroom at the front of the 333 Upper Class cabin, where as on the 787 all the bathrooms are at the rear.
  • Row 7 has a missing window on the 787.
  • 787 has larger windows.
  • 787 has lower cabin altitude.
  • 787 is quieter (by aircraft standards anyway).
That's all I can think of right now. There's probably some other bits. It's been a little while since I was on the 333.

Ultimately, they're extremely similar. To the untrained eye, you'd hardly notice a difference.
SlimpyJones likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hey thanks that's great to know that it won't be too different. Was worried the older plane has inferior product etc.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: VS Gold
They used to have a different product that was widely considered to be inferior - thankfully they were all refitted a couple of years ago to bring them up to the 787 standard!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.