FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Delta award flight booked with Virgin cancelled (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1998104-delta-award-flight-booked-virgin-cancelled.html)

lovetotravel Dec 3, 2019 3:55 pm

Delta award flight booked with Virgin cancelled

I had a award booking using Virgin miles on Delta LAX-CDG in (Delta one) May 2020. This daily flight has been cancelled on that particular day only and we have been rebooked the following day on the same flight. I would rather go the day before than after. Not the end of the world but would rather be in Paris for a day more than less!

Not having any luck with Virgin trying to get rebooked the day before.

There is a AF flight on the day of the original booking, would Virgin be open to booking us on that flight? I noticed this after they could not rebook us on Delta the day before.

How is it determined that just one flight on one day is cancelled 6 months ahead. Just curious what the reasoning might be. And do I have the option to ask for reaccommdation on the AF flight on the original day or on Delta the day before?

CommanderB Dec 4, 2019 3:17 am

I think you may struggle getting it booked onto AF metal as oppose to DL. You could cancel the booking entirely, or you could suggest a re-route via London. It will probably be the case that you'd need to get yourself to London, but there are two VS flights per day to LAX from LHR and it's reasonably easy to take the Eurostar from Paris to London.

Just a suggestion.

KSMH612 Dec 4, 2019 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by lovetotravel (Post 31801646)
I had a award booking using Virgin miles on Delta LAX-CDG in (Delta one) May 2020. This daily flight has been cancelled on that particular day only and we have been rebooked the following day on the same flight. I would rather go the day before than after. Not the end of the world but would rather be in Paris for a day more than less!

Not having any luck with Virgin trying to get rebooked the day before.

There is a AF flight on the day of the original booking, would Virgin be open to booking us on that flight? I noticed this after they could not rebook us on Delta the day before.

How is it determined that just one flight on one day is cancelled 6 months ahead. Just curious what the reasoning might be. And do I have the option to ask for reaccommdation on the AF flight on the original day or on Delta the day before?

Call DL direct and HUCA if necessary.

CommanderB Dec 5, 2019 2:35 am

Originally Posted by KSMH612 (Post 31806692)
Call DL direct and HUCA if necessary.

DL won't touch it if it was ticketed by VS. You'd have to get the ticket released from VS so DL can make changes. I'm not even sure that they'd do that if it's a VS reward booking. They do with revenue tickets under specific circumstances, so it may be worth a try.

This really depends on who ticketed it.

Lovetravel if the e-ticket number starts with 006, then call DL. If it starts with 932, then call VS.

lovetotravel Dec 6, 2019 8:09 pm

It is a virgin issued ticket. I will try calling virgin again and see what happens.

ned Dec 6, 2019 10:58 pm

I was booked in J (Virgin award tickets) on Delta (2 pax) this spring LAX-CDG-LAX. The flights were changed to equipment with the new suites which have fewer J seats. Both the outbound and return dates were changed making my trip 2 full days longer. I could deal with date changes, but the length of the trip was an issue. Delta was/is still selling tickets on both my original flights, so there are seats available. Unfortunately for me they are not award seats. Virgin was very helpful in trying to arrange a schedule around the same dates that would not extend or decrease the trip by more than one day. Delta however would not budge. Two days longer take it or leave it. While it is a Virgin ticket and they must make the change it is Delta that has to make the seats available. Unfortunately I had to cancel the tickets and make other arrangements. Needless to say I am not to happy with Delta but not surprised. When you have a confirmed partner award ticket on Delta hope for the best but know you will be at the end of the line.