Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

It's now official that Virgin are cancelling their sale of a 31% stake to AF/KLM

It's now official that Virgin are cancelling their sale of a 31% stake to AF/KLM

Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I know this was first reported by a French paper and has also been covered by Head for Points and Turning Left For Less, but Virgin have now announced it officially.

"Importantly following this news, we have agreed (subject to contract) with our new joint venture partners, that our family will continue to hold the 51 per cent of Virgin Atlantic shares we own. We’ll also continue to work extremely closely with our partners investing together in a thriving airline and holiday company."

I'm curious to see whether that means you only earn/burn with AF/KLM on Transatlantic flights or if the full partnership goes ahead as planned.

Personally though, I'm actually quite happy with this. For better or worse I feel more confident with Virgin/Branson retaining a majority share, rather than no-one having a majority and the risk that DL might not always be such a beneficial largest shareholder.

I wonder what everyone else thinks about this latest development?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.