Search

Help: how to transfer at LHR real fast?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Help: how to transfer at LHR real fast?

Hi all,
Have a flight in a few hours BOM-LHR, connecting to JFK with a 1.35hr layover at LHR.
The outbound LHR-BOM seems to be 1.20h delayed so I expect my BOM-LHR to be delayed by close to an hour as well.

-> How long does the transfer international to international at LHR take? I assume I don't need passport control? Do I need to reclear security?

Anyone can "prep" me on what direction to run, or what transfer services are available? I assume VS doesn't have car service like DL has for short connections?
I'm in upper class so will be off the plane quickly and presumably a high value customer given DL DM status and J fare. I have my boarding pass for JFK and no luggage, which should help...
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You might be met at the plane if VS think you are as "high value" as you consider yourself to be, but otherwise just look for Flight Connections. Reclear security and you'll be back airside. All VS flights are at T3.

No shortcuts, as far as I am aware...
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
This may help: https://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections

I have never done it, but you will need to say what terminal you are flying out of to get better advice. I guess you will find out your real value at the same time.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
This may help: https://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections

I have never done it, but you will need to say what terminal you are flying out of to get better advice. I guess you will find out your real value at the same time.
Ah this is helpful!
Given the forum I was assuming it was clear that it were both VS flights, so trying to find my way from T3 to T3 to connect.
That website tells me I need 70' and need to reclear security which ... makes me confident that I won't make that flight...

Indeed, curious to see how high value I am for them...

Any tips on rushing through that security or the terminal is still helpful, e.g., the upper class check-in security I find to be very fast when departing from LHR mostly always.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I think you will be fine, high value or not.

ETA: Oops. No you won't.

Last edited by Silver Fox; Nov 15, 2019 at 8:53 am
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: VS Gold
There is a "Quick connect" channel after T3 connections security that will drop you off very close to the gates, rather than dropping you in the departure lounge. Look out for these signs after you clear security :-) They are black and orange.

In the worst instance, if you do misconnect, there are many many JFK flights throughout the day that you can be rebooked on to.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: VS Gold
Actually, looking at the status of your flight, there's no question that you will misconnect now as you are not due to arrive into LHR until after the VS3 has departed. It's possible you'll have been contacted already about rebooking. If you haven't, it might be worth contacting VS now to save yourself some time.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by mayhem
Ah this is helpful!
Given the forum I was assuming it was clear that it were both VS flights, so trying to find my way from T3 to T3 to connect.
That website tells me I need 70' and need to reclear security which ... makes me confident that I won't make that flight...

Indeed, curious to see how high value I am for them...

Any tips on rushing through that security or the terminal is still helpful, e.g., the upper class check-in security I find to be very fast when departing from LHR mostly always.
That might be quick BUT you would need to formally enter the UK then make your way from arrivals to deprtures.

The MCT for intra T3 flights is indeed 70 minutes but the majority of passengers do it in a lot less time than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.