Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spending Flying Club Miles on AF-KLM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Steveng8
Yes, I’ve tried numerous times to get an answer and seem to get a different answer every time. Latest is that it is just a problem with their website and that they are working on it.

Pretty poor that the Partnership launched a couple of weeks ago and they still don’t have the systems set up to utilise the full benefits of the Partnership.

Don’t know if ANA has maybe tried to block them from selling the routes given their own partnership with Virgin. If that’s the case they should just be fully transparent about this.
You'd think Virgin would be keen to reduce the number of people booking ANA given the prices!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Finally I am having a fiddle around with this. An itinerary from Moscow to Geneva would cost only 9,000 miles and $28 taxes, which seems an amazing deal. This would be on AF with a transfer in CDG. Round trips cost 18,000, which seems great for the distance, and varies between $77 (KLM) and $91 taxes. There are definitely deals to be had here on niche routes, if you happen to need to use them. I was sure Moscow all the way to Switzerland was going to be a lot more. Wonder what other interesting routings are out there.
Ah so to/from Russia is classed as long haul if the intra Euro connection if free?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Head of FC told me face to face on Tuesday that getting Male added to the airport list had been sent off to the IT team, so hopefully sorted soon.

For those who care about these things, Flying Club has now been moved within Virgin Atlantic and is now part of the 'Customer Experience' team, so under Corneel's stewardship at the end of the day. It has beens shrunk down considerably because Virgin Red / Virgin Group Loyalty Company has taken on a lot of their staff and functionality.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Raffles
Head of FC told me face to face on Tuesday that getting Male added to the airport list had been sent off to the IT team, so hopefully sorted soon.
Any insight on Japan availability issues?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Ah so to/from Russia is classed as long haul if the intra Euro connection if free?
Not sure. I think it's more based on distance rather than continent in this case, no?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by s1362083
Any insight on Japan availability issues?
No
s1362083 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:23 am

Not sure. I think it's more based on distance rather than continent in this case, no?
Ah yes you are correct! SVO-CDG-GVA is under 1750 miles, so the connection is free in the sense that it doesn’t price separately.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What is the furthest you could go on the AFKL network, do you think, without passing into the higher award level? Think it would stretch to Spain or Portugal?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:14 am

What is the furthest you could go on the AFKL network, do you think, without passing into the higher award level? Think it would stretch to Spain or Portugal?
Sub 1750, should just do for a UK - AMS / CDG - Spain / Portugal
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is it not possible to book Premium Economy on AF? The award chart shows the miles required but can't seem to get it to work online.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We are planning a spring 2021 trip into Brussels/home from Amsterdam, unfortunately I live in a city with no VS connections so have been checking gateway cities ORD, MSP, ATL and JFK. JFK is out as we would fly into LGA - best seems ORD (AA to ORD very good) when I put in 2 UC seats for February it shows 48.5k + $271 pp- the return 48.5k + $302 AF - both seem reasonable.

Is there something I’m missing, April trip so I have to wait around 6 weeks to book?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Well MLE is still not on the online airport list, however I have this weekend successfully booked x2 LHR-CDG-MLE in business class over the phone, for travel in November.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nike85
Well MLE is still not on the online airport list, however I have this weekend successfully booked x2 LHR-CDG-MLE in business class over the phone, for travel in November.
I wonder if this route is bookable in Premium?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:01 am

Didn't ask. But I guess it is, in principle at least. Reward seats do show in Premium on Flying Blue. Think is has to show as a promo reward on Flying Blue to be available to VS. But I'm no expert.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by nike85
How many miles and $ did you pay for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.