Best UC seats on A350?

Old Aug 30, 19, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Best UC seats on A350?

I have an upcoming trip LHR-JFK-LHR for work. It's my first time on Virgin for years, just wondering if there is any advice or generally accepted wisdom on preferred seats? I couldn't find anything relevant in search, and there's surprisingly little online.

On the outbound day flight I will have a bit of work to do, but should have some downtime for a movie and a couple of drinks. On the return overnight, priority will be to get some sleep as I need to get into the office when I arrive.

Currently in 9K outbound and 4K inbound - advice and opinions welcome
Old Aug 30, 19, 5:52 am

There shouldn't be a huge amount of difference in the seats, although I'd personally take a window seat. From what I've heard from reviews the front row have more foot space when laying down, and the windows are slightly better than the centre.

I'm booked in 1A in October so that's my vote!
astutiumRob likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
There are some general tradeoffs with any large cabin. Up front may be a bit noisier but get served first and larger footwells as noted. Toward the back, the noise from the loft may be bothersome. We are flying JFK-LHR-TLV n December and since there are two of us, we chose seats in the middle of the cabin together. Solo travelers will prefer window seats.
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:58 am

That seems a fair summary - personally I've never found galley or toilet noise bothersome, even in 1A on the 787s, (and I'd take those noises any day over the white noise on a 777), and I prefer being as far away from other passengers as possible.
Old Sep 16, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM
I find seating next to the lounge, bar etc... is very dicey. You never know who is going to be on the plane and have no idea how much noise that specific person will be making at the bar or lounge
Old Sep 17, 19, 6:42 am

We flew Qatar a couple years back on a 350 and it has a very small gathering place as well. We found the noise to be very bothersome...a large group of gentlemen spent about 5 or 6 hours there, getting very drunk, loud and obnoxious. I think they finally passed out about six hours into the nine hour flight. We were at the front of the cabin in row 1 and still heard them! It really depends on the group. There was no wall separating that lounge area from the J cabin, so the noise just went everywhere. I suspect that with the wall on VS, it won't be as much of a problem.
Old Sep 23, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Flew this last week -- Row 1 definitely looks more comfortable as you have more legroom.

Seats were very nice, except that the seat a "mood lighting" which you can turn on/off ---- but the button didn't work. So mood lighting stayed on the whole flight requiring eye mask.

Also - reviews have said the tray table stinks and that is true. Very tight unless you're in excellent shape
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
For those who’ve sat in row 1, did the noise and light from the galley and/or chatter by the FAs bother you at all? Or, is the galley further from row 1 than what the aircraft map appears?

Also, did the proximity to the lav affect you?
Old Nov 7, 19, 6:34 am

We decided to switch our return from LHR to JFK to row 1 to check the bulkhead. We are in row 5 outbound. I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences in row 1 vs. other seats as well.
Old Nov 8, 19, 6:36 am

Programs: CX GR, SQ TPPS, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by divrdrew View Post
We decided to switch our return from LHR to JFK to row 1 to check the bulkhead. We are in row 5 outbound. I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences in row 1 vs. other seats as well.
There's some more discussion here on row 1 including a picture I took. I think 1A is significantly better than the other rows.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by bpk6h View Post
There's some more discussion here on row 1 including a picture I took. I think 1A is significantly better than the other rows.
The footwell does indeed look relatively larger than the other rows. I'm curious, though, whether noise and light from the galley is noticeable from 1A or 1K. When I hop on the flight, I'l likely just want to go right to sleep.
Old Nov 8, 19, 3:54 pm

I've only flown it on the day flight but I hardly noticed any noise at all, even in the quiet cabin. The 787 is slightly noisier in 1A IMO.

Search this Thread