Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin A330 300 Premium Economy Row 25 questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Searched without finding answer. Flying for first time on Virgin PE LHR to JFK and looking at middle seats for the three of us - wife and 14 year old daughter in Row 25. Now row 25 is right in front of bulkhead and has limited recline but I'm wondering how limited?
Flight is a daytime one so thinking that this row gives you the opportunity of reclining without getting in someone else's face (which we would not do in any other row) but if someone reclines seat immediately in front is that a problem if you can't recline enough to get away? Traveled to Central American first class and woman in front of my wife reclined her seat fully from moment she sat in it. Not meaning to start any sort of war about reclining though as I see both sides of the issue

Is this row noisier as it is just curtained off from Economy and the first bulkhead row there may have children in it?. Nothing against children or economy and have noise cancelling headphones anyway.

I'm assuming that service may be worse given it is last row so less choice of meals and less frequent drinks perhaps.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: VS Gold
Regarding the recline - you couldn't be blamed for thinking the back row has limited recline, thankfully it does not and you guys should be fine to recline the full amount. In terms of noise, in theory it could be. It just depends how unlucky you are. The bassinets in the Economy cabin will be on the other side of the partition wall, so if those are occupied you may find yourself with a baby nearby, though if it's a daytime one at least you won't have any sleep interrupted! There is a curtain though that is drawn after takeoff so that will provide a bit of extra separation from the Economy cabin.

With meals - you are right that with the last row there is a higher choice of you missing your first choice of meal, so you may want to prepare a backup option. Please don't quote me on this - I am not 100% - I believe VS are beginning to trial pre-ordering of meals in the Premium cabin. I don't know if this is available on every route, or if it's available to everyone (e.g. it might be golds/elites only, I don't know), but there's a chance it won't be an issue. There will be no impact on drinks service - the card goes all the way through Premium and Economy, so don't worry about that :-)

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by SlimpyJones

With meals - you are right that with the last row there is a higher choice of you missing your first choice of meal, so you may want to prepare a backup option. Please don't quote me on this - I am not 100% - I believe VS are beginning to trial pre-ordering of meals in the Premium cabin. I don't know if this is available on every route, or if it's available to everyone (e.g. it might be golds/elites only, I don't know), but there's a chance it won't be an issue. There will be no impact on drinks service - the card goes all the way through Premium and Economy, so don't worry about that :-)
Slimpy is correct on the pre-order statement. I pre-ordered my meal on my last flight in Premium, two weeks ago. I am Gold, so maybe that was a factor. I got an email a few days prior to online check-in opening. It was also for only one leg, ex-LHR.

Having sat in Premium a lot I can say that the meal and drinks cart doesn't always start at the front of the cabin. Sometimes it actually starts at the back. Some crews just decide to do it in a different order. Why I do not know. It is best to assume front to back, but you may be surprised. Assume nothing, until it happens.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much SlimyJones for the help. All the seat maps say is limited recline and I could find no real reviews of this row except one blogger who said he liked it as he could recline once at cruising altitude which would not be done if there were passengers behind. We are using PE to return to the US as this is a cheap miles wise award flight unlike our outbound J flight with Delta so I'm trying to get the best out of the PE experience
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Which seat maps say limited recline? Some of commercial sites do and they are very often wrong in their assignment of 'issues'

The VS Source website states this of 25A for example

Premium Economy Window Seat. There may be some noise disturbance from the Economy Bassinet/Cot position behind.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:49 pm

I was pleased to find this thread from a few weeks ago. I just booked an ATL-MAN and return trip for next summer, my first time in Premium Economy and I chose 25C and 25H, respectively. I'm always hyper conscious of reclining my seat into the poor soul behind me so hopefully Row 25 will let me recline whenever I like with no worries.

The last two times I've made this journey I was in regular Economy but booked 50H in the exit row. I'm actually a little concerned that the extra pitch in PE might still seem a bit of a letdown after the virtually unlimited legroom back in 50H. But I am not a narrow-bodied fellow and I'm really looking forward to a couple extra inches of side-to-side wiggle room.

So if I recall correctly (my most recent trip was 2016) there is a bulkhead behind Row 25, isn't there? Or is it just curtain all the way across? With the mention of extra noise I'm wondering if my recall of a bulkhead between sections might be mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.