Wiki Posts
Search

what to do ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: hilton diamond
what to do ?

Hi all my wife has some virgin miles and tier points and a flying club account I have neither but i have a lot of flying to do within the next 6 months.
If my wife books my flights through her flying club account will that earn her tier points and miles even though i will be the one flying?
If not I can open my own account from scratch and then book them through that.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:00 am

You need your own account.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Okay thank you for the reply :-) does that mean I need my own account in general or does that mean she won't earn any miles or tier points for booking my flights under her account?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Henryalanheath
Okay thank you for the reply :-) does that mean I need my own account in general or does that mean she won't earn any miles or tier points for booking my flights under her account?
10 Print”You need your own account.”
20 goto 10
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:32 am
Original Poster

20 goto 10

Not sure what you mean?

but hey ho thanks anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Henryalanheath
20 goto 10

Not sure what you mean?

but hey ho thanks anyway.
quite simply. Forget about your wife’s account. It’s irrelevant here. You are the only person who can earn miles and TP as the passenger.

Open your own account.
nancypants and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
miles and TPs are always earned by the person actually doing the flying and whose name is on the ticket not the person who booked or paid for it.

Even if your good lady booked and flew with you she would still only earn miles etc for herself. If you don't have an FC account those miles and TPs that you would have earned just get lost.

So yes your wife can book your flights via her account and include your flying club number and the miles etc will be credited to your account. Or you could just book via your own account. Or give her the long indetails and she can still do it for you.

There is an exception here to 'who earns the miles' if there is a house hold account and your wife is Gold but I'll assume that is not the case here.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: QF WP
Of course if you have another FF account it might be that you can credit the VS miles there instead? May be more useful especially if you are doing more *something else* flights and fewer *VS* flights
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

thank you so much for taking the time to give me a detailed reply ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.