DL Plat on VS metal (code-share) how to upgrade?

Old Jul 17, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Question DL Plat on VS metal (code-share) how to upgrade?

Hi all!

Im booked PE through DL with JFK-MAN-JFK on VS metal. Id like to be able to upgrade to UC with real money ; ). If that is possible when will a price/offer be available? I have been able to find flights on VS website and choose seats.

Thank you for any help!
Old Jul 17, 19, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
By booking a codeshare, it's quite unlikely, if not impossible, that VS will offer to upgrade you (since it's not their ticket).

You might be able to upgrade at the airport. And of course you can always pay the fare difference...
Old Jul 17, 19, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Somewhat-related thread; agree that your best (and likely only) chance is to ask at JFK when checking bags or at the Clubhouse.

Virgin Atlantic: Any Luck With Bid for Upgrade PE to Upper?
In2ishn likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn View Post
Hi all!

Im booked PE through DL with JFK-MAN-JFK on VS metal. Id like to be able to upgrade to UC with real money ; ). If that is possible when will a price/offer be available? I have been able to find flights on VS website and choose seats.

Thank you for any help!
So I'm confused - have you already booked via DL? If so, you could look up your booking on the VS website and see if there's an offer. I don't think the call centre can see additional offers.

If you haven't already booked, is there a good reason to book on the DL code rather than on VS?
In2ishn likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Ambassador, Silvercar
Call DL Plat Med line and upgrade there... done this many times using miles but could also spend the cash as an option.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Jul 22, 19, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Wow! I really hope that works in this case.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 19, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by cauchy View Post
So I'm confused - have you already booked via DL? If so, you could look up your booking on the VS website and see if there's an offer. I don't think the call centre can see additional offers.

If you haven't already booked, is there a good reason to book on the DL code rather than on VS?
Thanks. I booked DL and did get my VS booking number so was able to select seats. No offer now but I will keep looking
Old Jul 24, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
I'm flying Y (JFK->LHR) next week and wanted to upgrade my DL-issued VS leg to PE but was told by VS customer service they can't even touch the ticket until T-24. Has anyone had any experience with upgrading a DL codeshare ticket with VS at the airport or at T-24? If not, any insight into what the best Y Econ+ seat is?
Old Jul 24, 19, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain View Post
I'm flying Y (JFK->LHR) next week and wanted to upgrade my DL-issued VS leg to PE but was told by VS customer service they can't even touch the ticket until T-24. Has anyone had any experience with upgrading a DL codeshare ticket with VS at the airport or at T-24? If not, any insight into what the best Y Econ+ seat is?
VS customer service can be hopeless. Call Delta instead.

Search this Thread