Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

DL redemption on Virgin Atlantic - max layover question

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Hello, I will be traveling from TLV to NYC via LHR next year on VS and I was wondering since the TLV to LHR flight lands at 11:30am if I was able to slip in a long layover overnight (but still under 24hrs) to fly out LHR to NYC the next morning (9am flight).. I am booked on three tickets with a combo of DL skypesos and Flying Club Miles. Possible? Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you are booked on "three tickets" you can take whatever flight you prefer.

If you are booking a single TLV-LHR-JFK ticket you can have <24 hours in London, including overnight, and still avoid UK APD tax.

Whether DL Skypesos lets you do that is a question for the DL forum.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the response! I asked Virgin for the 9am flight the next morning and they said they could not do an overnight layover and that availability was not open in connection to the TLV to JFK flights, even though it is available alone as just a LHR to JFK flight (I guess Married Segments logic applies to VS flights..)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes indeed the market for TLV-JFK-JFK is not the same as TLV-LHR or LHR-JFK and there could be availability on TLV-JFK but not JFK-LHR

The only way to get the flights you want is to book them separately and as they aren't in the same PNR APD becomes payable on the LHR-JFK leg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.