Upgrade one way?

Old Jul 12, 19, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
Upgrade one way?

Hiya, I have upgrade options presented to me via Virgin's app. Surprisingly U/C is seriously discounted (I am booked Premium both ways to MCO from Gatwick).

U/C to MCO is 260
U/C from MCO is 452

I am after opinions more than anything, if you upgraded only one way, which would you choose? My flight coming back to London arrives at 6.20 in the morning

Some people have mentioned to me going there is a great way to start the holiday, which I agree with, but as it's a night flight coming back, U/C may be better that way instead

Or would you not upgrade at all? Premium is great I find, but being presented with U/C at low prices is definitely sucking me in
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:06 am

It's definitely a toss up.

Speaking personally, I'd probably do it both ways. On the way out you get the Clubhouse and excellent service and space on a nice day flight to Orlando. On the way back you get to sleep in a fully flat bed.

I don't think either of these is a bad price although the return upgrade from Premium to UC at 450 isn't especially cheap IMO - but it's not expensive either.
Old Jul 12, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
For these prices, i'd do both ways. If funds are limited, then go for the overnight option as you'll get a lot of value from the bed.

Premium is great, but UC is better. If there are cash upgrades at this price, check if there are milage upgrades (if you have miles) as then it could be win-win.
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CommanderB View Post
check if there are milage upgrades (if you have miles) as then it could be win-win.
I can't really be bothered to look it all up, but I can't imagine handing over 47k+ miles plus all the extra surcharges makes more sense than simply paying 260 + 452. Unless you are truly miles rich and you have no use for the miles otherwise...

Search this Thread