Direct to Vegas with miles

Old Jul 9, 19, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Direct to Vegas with miles

I recently read that virgin will not be offering direct flights to vegas with miles from some time next year anyone know if this is true? Can not see any from early april onwards
Old Jul 9, 19, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
From where?

It's always possible that a route could be dropped (MAN?), but there's no way that VS would continue to operate LAS and offer absolutely no reward seats at any time.
Old Jul 9, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
LAS is always hard for rewards from MAN due to the limited schedule and very limited UC seating on the 744 that has previously operated the route. LHR is better with it being operated by a 789, and I have seen reward seats available for all cabins.

I would like to know where you read this information.
Old Jul 9, 19, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
From where?

It's always possible that a route could be dropped (MAN?), but there's no way that VS would continue to operate LAS and offer absolutely no reward seats at any time.
i read it was just the direct flights using miles.
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oasis2019 View Post
i read it was just the direct flights using miles.
Read where?
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Read where?
Someone moaning on social media to virgin atlantic saying they had been told this by the flying club. I only ask as there is not a single direct flight using miles only from April 8th
Old Jul 9, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Looks like theres no scheduled direct flights at all from LHR after early April. It's not that they won't offer reward seats specifically, it's that the flight is not scheduled.

As to why, I do not know.
Old Jul 9, 19, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CommanderB View Post
Looks like theres no scheduled direct flights at all from LHR after early April. It's not that they won't offer reward seats specifically, it's that the flight is not scheduled.

As to why, I do not know.
I can see direct flights cash up until the 28th of may
Old Jul 9, 19, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Originally Posted by oasis2019 View Post
Someone moaning on social media to virgin atlantic saying they had been told this by the flying club. I only ask as there is not a single direct flight using miles only from April 8th
That is the Easter holiday period (Easter Sunday = 12th April) and if VS can sell tickets for cash then they will.

They may open up reward seats closer to departure. It is also more likely to be the case that VS has had offered rewards on April flights (which would have opened for booking in late May / early June) and they have already been taken up.
Old Jul 12, 19, 5:47 am
Original Member

I have direct reward flights from Manchester in UC to Vegas booked for the end of April 2020 and return in early May. There was reasonable availability opening up each day as I tracked.
Old Jul 14, 19, 6:42 am

Programs: Flying Club
I wonder if there is something in this as we’re looking to go late May or early June and have been looking at flights the last few weeks and can’t see any direct flights. In know our preferred date in June isn’t out yet but we can’t find any way before that and they have been out some time.
Old Jul 14, 19, 3:27 pm

Update; I’ve messaged VA and they have said this is not true. They will continue to offer reward bookings on all year destinations.
Old Jul 21, 19, 5:27 am

Another update if anyone is interested. There’s loads of upper class availability with air miles to Vegas at the moment. We’ve managed to book 3 flights for 135,000 miles each in early June.

Search this Thread