Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

How much better do you sleep in U/C vs Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much better do you sleep in U/C vs Premium?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:41 pm

As long as it is "logically" night I can sleep almost anywhere

i slept just fine in a Premium seat JFK-LHR a couple of weeks ago albeit only for about 4 hours
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm traveling in PE MAN-ATL next month (in the upper deck of a 747)

I've done a variety of PE flights on VS and AF and lie flat J trips on DL, AF, VS and KL. Eastbound, I do the TATL portion from a variety of IAD, JFK and ATL. From IAD to LHF, CDG or AMS, you basically have a choice in J of enjoying the service or sleeping; if you try both, you get maybe 2 hours of sleep. If I am in PE, I enjoy a few adult beverages in the lounge, and then put on eyeshades and a neck pillow and try to fall asleep. I can usually sleep 5 of the 7 hour eastbound trip this way.

If I am in Y, I can sleep if no one is sitting next to me; if my row is full, I might fall asleep, but then my neighbor will jostle me and wake me up.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Got maybe 2-3 hours of uncomfortable plane sleep in PE. What made it additionally challenging was the box on the floor under the seat in front of me, which prevented me from stretching my legs fully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.