BGI Vs 29 12 July 19 upgrade and load check request.

Old Jun 19, 19, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: skywards
BGI Vs 29 12 July 19 upgrade and load check request.

Hi

been a while since I posted . I am flying on 12 July 19 x5 persons to Barbados flying in premium economy. I have asked for a load check but I have a few questions

Firstly I was looking to upgrade to UC but was not able to use the bid upgrade tool- presumably because of low availability? Can I upgrade on the day and how do I approach that?

Also I have been told there low availability on premium- how do I prevent being downgraded due to overbooking?

many thanks for advice
Gian
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Load check ( if this is correct forum to do so)

Hi , been a while since i have posted. I am looking for a load check for Vs 29 on 12 july 19 to BGI from LGW. We x5 perons booked in premium and I was looking to bid for an upgrade via Virgins website which is not avaiilable. presume beacuse Business is near enough full. Thanks
Gian
Old Jun 19, 19, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Bid for upgrade only works if (a) you booked direct with VS and (b) if there is availability and VS are offering upgrades.

VS could be offering bids but as all passengers on the booking need to be upgraded so they may simply be offering 1-4 seats thus excluding you with 5.

IF VS are offering on the day upgrades you should ask at check-in at the airport. But remember that even though there may be empty seats in UC VS may still not offer upgrades.

You can get a free trial of expert flyer and do load checks yourself

Low availability does not mean there will be downgrades. Airlines do over book but generally they don't like downgrading because it costs them a lot of money in compensation. Also they know what routes not to over book on and a popular leisure route isn't usually one of them. They are more likely to overbook economy and upgrade pax from PE to UC to accommodate them than downgrade pax the other way,
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:39 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
For neatness I have merged the two threads.
VS (**) 290LGW
07/12/19 11:20 AMBGI
07/12/19 3:15 PM332
Daily
60% / 20mJ8 C8 D6 I2 Z1 W4 S0 H0 K0 Y9 B9 R9 L2 U0 M0 E0 Q0 X0 N0 O0 V1 T9

Nick
Old Jun 25, 19, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
For neatness I have merged the two threads.
VS (**) 290LGW
07/12/19 11:20 AMBGI
07/12/19 3:15 PM332
Daily
60% / 20mJ8 C8 D6 I2 Z1 W4 S0 H0 K0 Y9 B9 R9 L2 U0 M0 E0 Q0 X0 N0 O0 V1 T9

Nick
hi

so based on above flying out on 12/7 there are a minimum of 8 uc seats available? What are the premium class codes?

apologies for my lack of knowledge
gian
Old Jun 25, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by raigian View Post
so based on above flying out on 12/7 there are a minimum of 8 uc seats available? What are the premium class codes?

Premium is W S H and K. So they are willing to sell 4 more premium tickets.
Old Jun 25, 19, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Load checks don’t show seats available but the number of tickets VS are still willing to sell and they aren’t the same thing.

and those figures are also likely to have changed by low as well so don’t really mean anything today.

When it shows '9' it means they are willing to sell 9 or more tickets but if the number is 8 or less that is the actual number they are prepared to sell

So based on that load check they are willing to sell 9 or more in Economy (Y = 9 but in the more expensive fare buckets), 4 in PE (W = 4 but all in the top fare bucket) and 8 in Upper (J = 8 but limited in number to 1 in the lowest fare bucket - Z=1)

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Jun 25, 19 at 9:03 am

Search this Thread