Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U/C A332 - Aisle or "love" seat flying solo ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:24 am
Original Poster

U/C A332 - Aisle or "love" seat flying solo ?

I have an LAX-MAN in U/C coming up this later month on an A332 and all the single "window" seats are taken, all that remains are a couple of "aisle" seats 2D, 2G, 4H and a pair of "love" seats in centre of row 1.

I've currently reserved an "aisle" 4H but read nothing but horror stories about the width of the aisle, and that I'll likely be sticking out constantly being bumped the whole flight etc. 5K is blocked for crew rest.

Are these seats really that bad for someone 6'3" ?

If I switch to a "love seat" in the middle there's a chance I may get a seat mate for the flight, does the divider make it private or will I end up effectively as close
as I would in economy to the other person and feel like we are sharing the arm rest ??

Any opinions of what would be best choice in this situation ?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:30 pm

I’m six foot and I cannot lay down properly in the UC cabin on the ex-AB A330-200 birds, so good luck with that!

Aisles are incredibly narrow and it’s all just very cramped in general. Usually go for 5K but if it’s blocked, I guess an aisle seat in the middle would be the best bet. The love seats are very cosy so if you’re travelling solo, definitely give that a miss or you’ll be getting very familiar with a stranger for 10 hours.

The refurbished cabins are nice but the seats aren’t practical, and like I say, the cabins are just super cramped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.