New Upper Class seat for B787, A330

Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:22 am
Original Poster

New Upper Class seat for B787, A330

Yes, Virgin's Boeing 787s and Airbus A330s will also be getting a new Upper Class seat. But no, it won't be the same as the A350 Upper Class product, although that'll be used as a 'baseline' (not 'base' per se, note the difference) for the new product.

Virgin says this decision is driven by cabin geometry, as the A350's cabin is much wider than that of the B787 and A330 and the new Upper Class was 'specifically designed' for the A350.

More at https://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-atla...e-a-new-design

Last edited by djsflynn; Apr 16, 2019 at 7:41 am Reason: typo / formatting
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Somehow ironic that the info is in an Aussie magazine, but thanks for the info.

Nick
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:56 pm

I assume that means it'll be the non-modified version of the seat presumably, or something resembling the Super Diamond.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Somehow ironic that the info is in an Aussie magazine, but thanks for the info.
Nick
Thanks Nick this came from an interview I did on the sidelines of the A350 Upper Class seat launch, and despite the 'Australian' in our title we have an increasingly global audience so we try to deliver decent stories no matter where we find 'em
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by Theirin
I assume that means it'll be the non-modified version of the seat presumably, or something resembling the Super Diamond.
Precisely what I was thinking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.