Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Airways Upper Class flights via Virgin Holidays

Virgin Airways Upper Class flights via Virgin Holidays

Old Apr 11, 19, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Virgin Airways Upper Class flights via Virgin Holidays

Just wondering if anyone else has had the misfortune of upgrading their flight with Virgin Atlantic to Upper Class whilst booking online with Virgin Holidays?

Unaccustomed to turning left, I chose to splash out this once as a surprise for my wife, so when choosing the Upper Class flight option, I had every reason to believe that this would include the full Upper Class experience which, when directed to the Virgin Airways site, describes the full experience including the Limo service. However, only once booked do you discover that the Limo service isn't included and when you enquire, what Virgin Hols describe as Upper Class includes only the seats. I'm therefore faced with nearly £100 should I want to now add the Limo service that my wife is expecting.
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:28 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
An awful lot of Upper Class tickets donít get the CDC (itís not a Limo) - IIRC it is only J C D and I buckets that get it
Most non-flexible cheaper tickets, including those booked by Virgin Holidays, book into the Z bucket, which doesnít include the CDC
IMHO that is not a big deal, as the rest of the Upper experience is available to you, but as always YVMV.

Nick
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks Nick,
I get the Gist (though not all the abbreviations, IIRC? CDC? YVMV? - sorry my dim!). My issue with VH is that they do not make this clear at the point of booking. By their own admission the customer only learns their ticket classification when they receive the tickets (which can only be downloaded some weeks later - at least in my case).
As for the Limo, this is the wording used by Virgin Airlines, though I gather now that it is either a people carrier, a saloon or some such.
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Since the Virgin Holidays website makes it clear it is only with certain booking classes it probably would have made sense to ask / clarify when booking the upgrade

https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/tra...s-and-upgrades

We think of all the details not just during your flight experience but also before you have left your home starting with our complimentary chauffeur driven car service for all J, C and D upper class bookings
Old Apr 11, 19, 11:15 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by DomKelly View Post
.........though not all the abbreviations, IIRC? CDC? YVMV.....,,.
Sorry
IIRC- If I recall correctly
CDC - Chauffeur Driven Car
YVMV - Your views may vary Sometimes on here it is YMMV - Your mileage may vary 😃

Nick
DomKelly and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Apr 11, 19, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by DomKelly View Post
However, only once booked do you discover that the Limo service isn't included and when you enquire, what Virgin Hols describe as Upper Class includes only the seats. I'm therefore faced with nearly £100 should I want to now add the Limo service that my wife is expecting.
Recent trip to Miami booked with virgin directly - the £2200 Upper Class ticket (Z) didn't include the car although the full-far £3800 option would have.

You've saved a lot of money over the ticket class that comes with the CDC included - use some of that on a Limo each end and some Bubbly to treat her
DomKelly likes this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 1:00 am

I don't think the chauffeur service is the same proposition it used to be now that anyone can drive up to the Upper Class wing check in without even advance reservations. The concept is nice but the fare difference is so high that it's really not worth it. You can also book the chauffeur service through VS as an add on yourself if you want - it would probably be cheaper than the higher fare bucket.
DomKelly likes this.

Search this Thread