Virgin launch São Paulo

Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Virgin launch São Paulo

Have just had a notice from Virgin Cargo (who are usually some way behind the airline in terms of speed - it took 2 weeks after the TLV announcement for them to confirm it) that they will be launching Sao Paolo daily 787 flights in 2020.

For me this seems an odd move as they have no natural partner there but I presume they have their reasons.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:31 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Link to press release - https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en...te-launch.html

Nick
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Brazil is one of the biggest emerging economies so lots of potential for development of both passenger and cargo traffic.

Brazil has been on VSs list for a while - Rio was mooted several years ago as a new VS route using the 787.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Brazil is one of the biggest emerging economies so lots of potential for development of both passenger and cargo traffic.

Brazil has been on VSs list for a while - Rio was mooted several years ago as a new VS route using the 787.
I would have thought that Rio would fit VS's "vibe" a bit more. But it will still be great to have another "no surcharge" option to play with.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:29 pm

It's Sao Paulo, Paulo with a "u", not Paolo with an "o" as you have written. Paolo is Italian. Paulo is Portuguese, which is the language spoken in Brazil.. Get it right.

Originally Posted by Freightman
Have just had a notice from Virgin Cargo (who are usually some way behind the airline in terms of speed - it took 2 weeks after the TLV announcement for them to confirm it) that they will be launching Sao Paolo daily 787 flights in 2020.

For me this seems an odd move as they have no natural partner there but I presume they have their reasons.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Virgin to fly LHR-GRU starting 2020

Just received a press statement from a local Sao Paulo law firm stating that Virgin intends to start flying LHR to GRU in early 2020....
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Threads merged to prevent duplicate discussion.

Nick
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasondc
It's Sao Paulo, Paulo with a "u", not Paolo with an "o" as you have written. Paolo is Italian. Paulo is Portuguese, which is the language spoken in Brazil.. Get it right.
Speaking of getting it right in the language spoken in Brazil, it's São Paulo, not Sao.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.