Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Upgrades to PE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Airport Upgrades to PE?

My wife and I are booked in economy classic IAD-LHR next Wednesday 2/20. The difference in fare between these two classes was about $550 pp each way; last year, the difference was less than $200 pp each way.

What are airport upgrades to PE going for this year?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Family has flow that route lately and upgrade prices vary wildly. Seen $200-$800.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ND76
My wife and I are booked in economy classic IAD-LHR next Wednesday 2/20. The difference in fare between these two classes was about $550 pp each way; last year, the difference was less than $200 pp each way.

What are airport upgrades to PE going for this year?
Did you upgrade?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by erik123
Did you upgrade?
Our eastbound flight was canceled, and we ended up on Delta IAD-ATL-LHR. We got a middle row of 4 to ourselves, which was good because Comfort + only had middle seats when we got rebooked.

On the westbound LHR-IAD, it turned out that there were maybe 75 pax in Y, and again we got a row of 4 seats to ourselves. I'm glad we saved the money, because the service was really, really good, and even the lunch was decent (I had the "Toulouse Sausages").
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Not the route the OP was interested in but a related recent data point. For an Economy Classic seat (actually purchased as a Delta X fare Main Cabin codeshare) LHR to JFK on March 14 the airport upgrade to PE was GBP 249 with a couple of window and aisle seats available, not just middles. I did this in the LHR Clubhouse after check-in. The upgrade to Upper Class would have been GBP 1099.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.