Only passenger in PE

Old Feb 14, 19, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Only passenger in PE

i realize its a bit out but right now I appear to be the only person booked in PE. Will i get a whole cabin crew to myself? Would they consider moving me up to UC to close out the cabin? Will it be weird if I lay across as many seats as possible?

yes I know its likely there will be a handful of other pax but I like daydreaming about the possibilities of being the only person in a cabin. Humor me.
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
How have you come to the conclusion that you are the only one?

I would bet you quite a lot of money that you won't be alone.

Anyway, IF it was the case, i'd say it would be a very nice flight. Lot's of space to stretch out. A seat for looking out of the window, a seat for sleeping, a seat for lounging, a seat for dinner, a seat for snacks, a seat for drinks, a seat for breakfast and plenty of backup seats for other shenanigans.
SlimpyJones likes this.
Old Feb 14, 19, 3:21 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite and Lifetime Plat..
You haven't said what route you are flying or when - or what site you are using to glean this information.
Knowing VS as I do, I very much doubt that there are many flights with one person in PE.

A lot more information is needed before informed comments are made, but one thing is for sure - you won't be able to lay out - all VS PE cabins have fixed armrests.

Nick
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 14, 19, 4:00 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Given the departure is still a ways out, and the fact it is common for ticketed pax not to select seats in advance, it is unlikely you would be the only pax. Regardless, enjoy your flight!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 14, 19, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Tell us the date and flight # and I'll book a seat next to you.
Repooc17 and ijgordon like this.
Old Feb 14, 19, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I do doubt you'll be the sole passenger in PE or upgraded to UP.

That said, I have been the sole or one of just a few in a cabin, typically an economy mini-cabin but also once or twice in a mini-j cabin, before on a long haul flight. I normally tell the FA they should feel free to help the rest of the crew after my normal service. If I actually need anything I will get up and find an FA in the galley or ring. Never had to wait long when using the call button and once I was given a thank you bottle of wine when deboarding.
Old Feb 14, 19, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CommanderB View Post
How have you come to the conclusion that you are the only one?

I would bet you quite a lot of money that you won't be alone.

Anyway, IF it was the case, i'd say it would be a very nice flight. Lot's of space to stretch out. A seat for looking out of the window, a seat for sleeping, a seat for lounging, a seat for dinner, a seat for snacks, a seat for drinks, a seat for breakfast and plenty of backup seats for other shenanigans.
the perfect opportunity to take a time lapse pic of me sitting in every single seat....
rsqrott likes this.
Old Feb 15, 19, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by gitismatt View Post
the perfect opportunity to take a time lapse pic of me sitting in every single seat....
A brilliant idea!
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:28 am
Original Poster

just to bring this back to earth. I understand that the chances of me being the only pax in a cabin is very small. It was more a cheeky what if than a real determination of what might happen. just kind of curious what would happen if that was the case, as opposed to me actually thinking it will happen
Old Feb 18, 19, 2:13 pm

Programs: Flying Club
Originally Posted by gitismatt View Post
just to bring this back to earth. I understand that the chances of me being the only pax in a cabin is very small. It was more a cheeky what if than a real determination of what might happen. just kind of curious what would happen if that was the case, as opposed to me actually thinking it will happen
well if it does happen, pop up to upper and offer your entire cabin to someone - Id rsther have a flat bed than a cabin to myself. Who knows someone might take you up :-)