Wiki Posts
Search

Only passenger in PE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Only passenger in PE

i realize its a bit out but right now I appear to be the only person booked in PE. Will i get a whole cabin crew to myself? Would they consider moving me up to UC to close out the cabin? Will it be weird if I lay across as many seats as possible?

yes I know it’s likely there will be a handful of other pax but I like daydreaming about the possibilities of being the only person in a cabin. Humor me.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
How have you come to the conclusion that you are the only one?

I would bet you quite a lot of money that you won't be alone.

Anyway, IF it was the case, i'd say it would be a very nice flight. Lot's of space to stretch out. A seat for looking out of the window, a seat for sleeping, a seat for lounging, a seat for dinner, a seat for snacks, a seat for drinks, a seat for breakfast and plenty of backup seats for other shenanigans.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:21 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
You haven't said what route you are flying or when - or what site you are using to glean this information.
Knowing VS as I do, I very much doubt that there are many flights with one person in PE.

A lot more information is needed before informed comments are made, but one thing is for sure - you won't be able to lay out - all VS PE cabins have fixed armrests.

Nick
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Given the departure is still a ways out, and the fact it is common for ticketed pax not to select seats in advance, it is unlikely you would be the only pax. Regardless, enjoy your flight!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tell us the date and flight # and I'll book a seat next to you.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I do doubt you'll be the sole passenger in PE or upgraded to UP.

That said, I have been the sole or one of just a few in a cabin, typically an economy mini-cabin but also once or twice in a mini-j cabin, before on a long haul flight. I normally tell the FA they should feel free to help the rest of the crew after my normal service. If I actually need anything I will get up and find an FA in the galley or ring. Never had to wait long when using the call button and once I was given a thank you bottle of wine when deboarding.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CommanderB

Anyway, IF it was the case, i'd say it would be a very nice flight. Lot's of space to stretch out. A seat for looking out of the window, a seat for sleeping, a seat for lounging, a seat for dinner, a seat for snacks, a seat for drinks, a seat for breakfast and plenty of backup seats for other shenanigans.
the perfect opportunity to take a time lapse pic of me sitting in every single seat....
rsqrott and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by gitismatt
the perfect opportunity to take a time lapse pic of me sitting in every single seat....
A brilliant idea!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:28 am
Original Poster

just to bring this back to earth. I understand that the chances of me being the only pax in a cabin is very small. It was more a cheeky what if than a real determination of what might happen. just kind of curious what would happen if that was the case, as opposed to me actually thinking it will happen
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA & Flying Club
Originally Posted by gitismatt
just to bring this back to earth. I understand that the chances of me being the only pax in a cabin is very small. It was more a cheeky what if than a real determination of what might happen. just kind of curious what would happen if that was the case, as opposed to me actually thinking it will happen
‘well if it does happen, pop up to upper and offer your entire cabin to someone - I’d rsther have a flat bed than a cabin to myself. Who knows someone might take you up :-)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:40 am

Flew back CPT-LHR years ago on a VS 747 when they had the route (on Boxing Day -- day time flight)

Just me in A zone (the nose) - One guy on the U/D and about 60 or less down the back

Twas like my own private jet - never known 11 hours to go by in such bliss watching the Sahara desert etc with 4-5 crew pampering me
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not VS, but several years ago, flying AF Asia-CDG on Christmas Day, there were 3 of us in the PE cabin. A family in the forward business cabin and the second business cabin was empty. After the doors were closed the purser came to each of us in PE and moved us to the second, empty business cabin. Explained that we would be getting PE meals because business was catered for the load. And asked us _not_ to write to AF to thank them for the upgrade. Definitely a decision by the crew to be holiday nice. That was a day light flight and the skies were clear and cloudless all the way from Asia to Central Europe.
MSPeconomist, rog747 and haroon145 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a TPAC flight as one of two in SQ FC, IIRC in a cabin with 14 seats (no suites). My carry on bag was given its own seat across the aidle from me, even though it was normal legal size/weight. Perhaps it's the ultimate pmapering when your luggage is treated better than the vast majority of customers.

For a while some LH aircraft were doing IFC by giving each passenger two "seats": One for sitting and a second to use as a bed.

To the OP: With luck, you might get any empty seat next to you, but do not assume. Seat maps can be a very inaccurate indicator of true availability on your flight. And definitely don't expect to get a free upgrade. In fact, it's much more likely that coach might be oversold and the carrier will do OPUPs to premium economy before boarding to avoid IDBs.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CommanderB

just to bring this back around. there were 72 total passengers on the flight. only three in PE.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
It’s happened. Years ago, my wife and I booked first class seats on Air Tahiti Nui from NY to Sydney Australia. This meant 2 legs each way with a stopover in Tahiti.

First class was one row of seats, 2+2+2, with a full bar and one FA in an Airbus 340.

On 3 of the 4 flights, we were the only passengers in the cabin. Truly felt like a private jet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.