Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Seattle International - Arriving from UK and transferring to Phoenix on domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle International - Arriving from UK and transferring to Phoenix on domestic

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

hi guys.

In a few weeks I'll be flying from London Heathrow to Seattle and then catching a connecting flight to Phoenix.

I have a stop over of 2 hours and 5 minutes. I don't have any checked bags, just carry on.

Do you think I'll have enough time? I'm aware that I will have to clear customs and then go through security again but I'm hoping that as long as I check in to my Delta flight before I land and get a jog on, I'll be ok.

Can anyone also tell me what part of Seattle the Virgin flights arrive at and what part the Delta flights leave from?

Many thanks
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Are you connecting or are these separate tickets? In either event you ought to be fine, the question is simply whether you are prepared to accept the risk of a delay if on separate tickets. That, of course, is not predictable.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Are you connecting or are these separate tickets? In either event you ought to be fine, the question is simply whether you are prepared to accept the risk of a delay if on separate tickets. That, of course, is not predictable.
Connecting, booked as one ticket. Booking separate tickets is too risky so I never entertain the idea. I've just never flown into Seattle before so just want to plan us much as I can to ensure I don't end up faffing around.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Your virgin flight is going to come in to the south satellite, after immigration and customs you will be able to clear security there and then you will likely have to take a train to the A gates in the main terminal for your connecting Delta flight. Depending on the lines at passport control, you might have a little wait but you are definitely going to make it with this window for a connection. In addition since you’re booked on one ticket it doesn’t really matter as they will book you on the next Delta flight if you do you miss it
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stephem
Your virgin flight is going to come in to the south satellite, after immigration and customs you will be able to clear security there and then you will likely have to take a train to the A gates in the main terminal for your connecting Delta flight. Depending on the lines at passport control, you might have a little wait but you are definitely going to make it with this window for a connection. In addition since you’re booked on one ticket it doesn’t really matter as they will book you on the next Delta flight if you do you miss it
Perfect, just what I needed to hear. Thank a lot for the response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.